Thread: Meopta R1 3-12 x 56 #4C

Meopta R1 3-12 x 56 #4C

Has anyone got one of these?
    I've just ordered one without actually looking through one (not my usual way of doing things ).
    I was advised by a friend that they are good for the money. I think it comes in at £580 so not cheap.
    It is for a stalking 243.

No they are crap, now what do you do?

Seriously, he must be a very good mate if you paid that for something you didn't try, and he may of course become your ex mate

I have no idea how good they are from personal experience, my fixed meopta is fine on my rimfire, some on here say the variables fog up and others say they don't hold zero when the mag is adjusted...

BTW you could have got a 3-12 x 50 S&B for about that sort of money.
    Last edited by stuartp; 18-10-2006 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stuartp View Post
    No they are crap, now what do you do?

Seriously, he must be a very good mate if you paid that for something you didn't try, and he may of course become your ex mate

I have no idea how good they are from personal experience, my fixed meopta is fine on my rimfire, some on here say the variables fog up and others say they don't hold zero when the mag is adjusted...

BTW you could have got a 3-12 x 50 S&B for about that sort of money.
    But not illuminated..

Indeed I must admit the feeling of impending doom is with me....
    As for S&B, I know they have an awesome reputation, but I would not buy another. It was heavy (my god it was), the scope was useless below 6 mag as the sight picture tunneled and the reticule was too heavy. S&B are not in my top 10 anywhere.
    I prefer Swaro or Zeiss......

Luckliy my friend has offered to buy the scope from me at an inflated price if I don't like it

I will be interested to see how you rate it when it arrives.

I am surprised by your S&B experiences, even though I own a Swaro, I really rate the Schmids and have had 3 or 4 all fixed though. I too have opt out option as I can exchange it for S&B for no money as long as I look after it, I bought that blind on that auction site of all places, but I had a least had a quick gizzard through one before clicked on the button.

I am guessing yours will be dual purpose deer/fox scope as iluminated ret isn't required for stalking?

Blue,

Did it arrive yet?

Not yet...

northernchris Guest
    I have been useing Meopta scopes for over 15 years on all manner of rifles,from 22lr-300win mag and they have been 1st class for the money.I think the main reason people dont use them is because they havent heard a great deal about them.

All my working rifles i had when i was stalking full time got used as tools,soaking wet coverd in peat etc and the Meopta,s where just as good in that repect as was ALL the other German/Austrian scope i have owned.

Chris

just sold one you will not be disappointed the optics are stunning
    Steyr LG110 hunter BUSHNELL ELITE 4200 6-24X40 MIL-DOT
    SHUT UP LEGS!!!!