hello guys im intrested in a red dot scope for close to meadium shooting in poor light .

my experiance with them is limited !

can you guys talk me through the pros and cons of using them over say a very low mag tele with ir mildot .

i shoot alot of rats (imho one of the very best sport's you have with air rifle hunting)

hence i dont need much magnification but need clear image in poor light and very fast acasition.

the only experiance i have with a red dot is on a pistol manny years ago with a progected red dot on to lense the dot moved all over the lense and was rubbish i thought. is the red dot fixed on say a hawke det dot scope ? also what are they like for changing distants targets , for example a rat 5 yards away then out to one 20 yards away . with no aiming aides (like mildot ) will i be aiming in mid air ?

i hope this makes sence so far ?

i know the militery use them alot and i have seen footage of a sniper hitting a head shot on a man silouhet targe at 150 m so they must be ok .

any info would be great .

also if you guys think a lazer and low mag ir scope would be better please tell me .

all the best matt