Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nightforce NXS 12-42x56 Warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt A10 View Post
    You can say this about many, many other things like new cars for example with all their electronics inside. TV and computers and so on. How many folks out there service these products themself ? And I mean all of them and not just one thing for example a TV but also their car and other more technical stuff at the same time.
    Poor examples imho. I know many people who service their own cars, and modern cars at that. With a laptop, the right cable and software it is easy to do many things to the ECU of a modern car that a main dealer would expect to do. I have such a piece of software which enables me for example to perform a throttle body alignment and reset adaptation values. It also allowed me, after the car developed a misfire just after collecting my car from its 30000 mile service, to diagnose the problem and say to the nice man from the AA that I needed coil pack 3 replacing. His laptop told him the same thing, which he promptly did.

How many times have we attempted to explain a problem in great detail to the "professionals" at a car dealer, or a computer shop, only to have them completely misunderstand, or fail to communicate your requirements to the spotty herbert who actually carries out the work.

A talented amateur will very often treat your airgun/car/computer with more care than a so-called professional. The "pro" will have targets to meet in terms of how quickly they deal with it and may rush the job. The amateur can take all the time necessary. Also, you don't know if the "pros" will give the job to the YTS trainee.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Non A/G Cars

How do you go about finding out what software and cables you need for your car? Also how do find out about what all the results mean i.e. what the correct setting should be?

Quote Originally Posted by ffireblade View Post
    How do you go about finding out what software and cables you need for your car? Also how do find out about what all the results mean i.e. what the correct setting should be?
    Hi mate, I've posted the reply in the non airgun section,
    here
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Upper Buggersdale, top of the Chevin near Leeds
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt A10 View Post
    Hi,

Thanks. I pay my money and get things done in the proper way.

Actually, this is the same thing about getting airguns serviced. Well, how many of you do this yourself or get other amateurs to do this for you ? Is it not true that most airgunners send their airguns to either the company that makes them or to other qualified professional people for service ?
    How come then that high quality and high priced scopes should not be serviced by those who make them but should be serviced by amateurs who after alterations can not test the scope to see if it lives up to the org. specifications like waterproofness/fog proofness, variations in point of impact and picture quality through the scope ?
    Well, I don´t get it !

You can say this about many, many other things like new cars for example with all their electronics inside. TV and computers and so on. How many folks out there service these products themself ? And I mean all of them and not just one thing for example a TV but also their car and other more technical stuff at the same time.
    Thunderbolt, if you read Chris's last post you will see that your "professionals" are quite capable of buggering things up.
    If a comercial concern can get out of honouring a gaurantee they will in my experience. This is what Nightforce have done in this case leaving Chris to pay the bill while still not having the scope as he wants it.

And now it has to go back because NF didn't re-parallax it to the setting that i asked for and now the sidewheel has some lateral play ....probably another 6 week turnaround!!!!
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

I have reparrallaxed one of these with no problems although it was a 8-32 NXS

Baz
    Baz

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/

Mine is still behaving itself, all my misses are down to me.

**Bump with update***
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.

Dont worry

Dont worry chaps
    Probably in a years time you won't be legally able to service your own airguns anyway !
    Under the nanny state are not allowed to fit a gas cooker..unless you are corgi registered....and now any electrical work has to be carried out by a "qualified " person and certificates obtained!!!! Im not even sure If Im allowed to change a light bulb any more !
    As we speak an army of Air gun certifiers is probably being trained
    Its jobs for the boys !

The joys of labour government !

"Each glass lens is beaded into the tube body, ocular lens and objective lens using precise equipment.Also every cell must be firmly secured in position and not rotate or be out of precise alignment with the other lenses."

Just like every other scope then, read between the lines.
    I know the person that sent the NXS back twice, England team shooter and came back excessively locktited to make a point, in the end a few people close to him had a go but ended up with Nick Jenkinson who Nightforce authorised!

Whats the update Chris? Come back set at factory settings and locktited.

Any news yet???

the stories i've heard of NF's going back for work and coming back 'fixed' really put me off of examining this route for a scope...roll on the summer for s&b...hopefully that will make NF wake up a little, but it might be too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenuc View Post
    Any news yet???
    Yup, Chris has his NXS back and it seems to be ok now.

Yep, sorry guys......update, thank , it looks as if the scope is sorted, has been set by NF to a max of 57 yards and rangefinds better than any scope i've ever owned(and i've had a Leup,Burris,Bushnell,Deben)...also looks as if the claim of zero POI shift due to temp changes is also true.

.....Huge sigh of relief.