Thread: Nightforce NXS 12-42x56 Warning.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Nightforce NXS 12-42x56 Warning.

Had to send my NXS back to the States beacause it kept loosing POI. Some people are aware that you have to have these scopes re-parallaxed in order to use them for FT(they're originally a full bore scope). I have been informed by NF that if you have it re-parallaxed, the warranty in invalidated ....please have a read of thier reply below.

Each glass lens is beaded into the tube body, ocular lens and objective lens using precise equipment.
    Also every cell must be firmly secured in position and not rotate or be out of precise alignment with the other lenses.
    The reason for this is so the image you are looking at is not distorted or bent, giving you the true and correct image of your target through the scope.
    When the objective lens housing is adjusted, the objective lens dose not rotate but moves on its axis via a complex cam set up in the housing.
    If the lens was not fitted in perfect alignment and moved on a crooked axis the image would appear in diferant places (a false image), with the shooter compensating by moving the cross hairs on to the apparent target resulting in a POI change.
    Your scope was experiencing this each time the parallax housing was adjusted, but more to the point movement was occurring after each shot with the recoil of the rifle

So.....If you're thinking of buying one of these, according to NF, they're the only ones that can re-parallax the scope correctly. I've also heard of a few similar problems with re-parallaxed NF's loosing POI.

And before anyone says anything.......I know i should have waited and bought the new S&B ..but in my defence, i didn't know they existed when i got my NF.

UPDATE
    Got my scope back from the states on friday and am happy to report that the parallax is set to max out at 57 yards...perfect and spot with the range finding every time. Because the weather was so bad on sat, we put out a tape measure and then placed some flag lane markers out at 5 yd intervals, ranged each flag at least 10 times and the scope came into the same position on the sidewheel every time. Also, i could see the flags that were 5yds in front and 5 yds behind my taget flag and they were both really blurred. I just have to set the clicks and pray that the scope changes POI correctly with the top turret....fingers crossed.
    Last edited by ChrisC; 12-02-2007 at 10:10 AM.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    and what is the proposed damage to your wallet as you've invalidated the warranty?
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

TARGETZERO is offline Birds just leave me...but they always come back

Thumbs up

thanks for that chris,was seriously thinking about buying one

$40 to sort it and the return postage..personally that's not too expensive, But then again the scope is only 6 months old...so..
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    $40 to sort it and the return postage..personally that's not too expensive, But then again the scope is only 6 months old...so..
    Not too bad unless they try to sting you through customs.
    Have they sorted it parallaxed to the range you require or back to the way it was when it left the factory?
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

Yep they've locked the parallax to 60yds so i'm hoping it should be sweet as a nut...mind you, after the good round at Ponty i might stick with the GML and the Bushnell for a while.

**Bump with update***