Thread: Falcon 10-40x56 Vs Nikko 10-50x60

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I checked out the Falcon Optics website as soon as I saw this thread, and yes, AGS have the distribution rights for the range. What happens now to 'new' products from Falcon, or the 10-40 range of scopes? Do AGS have sole UK distribution rights for everything from Falcon?

The price hike for a longer warranty. I see the use of this, however, as the products appeared very good in the first place, a longer warranty is not an issue really.

I like the idea of small business, run by enthusiasts, for enthusiasts, who offer quality products, at great prices.

Good for Falcon, I suppose. They now have a large distributor to handle their products. Poor shooter, who now no longer benefits from a discounted product..

Chris.
    Because the best is barely good enough........

shame the 10-40 is gone, but a thumbs up on another dedicated FT scope in the wings...

Rob,

Thanks for the reply, as you may have noted I am a bit of a Falcon Optics fan, and the AGS link is a bit of a downer. (From my point of view anyway.) I am looking forward to the arrival of the new products, if they are anywhere as good as the Merlin range they will be a must have.

Chris.
    Because the best is barely good enough........

Quote Originally Posted by Baldie [aka GeeDee] View Post
    AGS have not bought the company, they have bought THAT particular product range. Apart from the price, everything else will be the same. Because AGS is able to, it has upgraded the warranty to 'lifetime' as standard. IIRC this was possible with Falcon anyway, but there was some additional cost. Another benefit of the AGS takeover is that many more retailers will have the benefit of their distribution chain. Meaning, better availability.

I don't think AGS will be including the 10-40x56 in their range, as they already have products that fill that slot. [8-32 mag.]

Quote Originally Posted by xxrobrsvxx View Post
    AGS are distributing the Merlin range in the UK. The Merlin range now comprises of just 3 models - 10x42, 4-14x42 and 4-14x56IR. Falcon Optics still distribute the Merlin range to dealers outside of the UK.

Production on the Merlin 10-40x56 has ceased. We wont be offering this product any more, either directly or via AGS.

Quote Originally Posted by Candocad View Post
    Rob,

Thanks for the reply,

Chris.

You're welcome.
    To be good, one must do good.