Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Falcon 10-40x56 Vs Nikko 10-50x60

Falcon 10-40x56 Vs Nikko 10-50x60

Not a review but the scope section seemed the best place to put this.

I did a few hours research on here a couple of nights ago and both get very good reviews and a mate has the Nikko which Im very impressed with.

But...

Is the Nikko really worth the extra £100?

And where could I get a Falcon from as all the online shops seems to be out of stock. Tried emailing NightVisionSupplies as they got mentioned quite a few times during my searching on here but didnt get a reply.

Thanks.

tried blackpool air rifles?

haven't had a long enough look through a falcon to compare...but a good nikko is good. The falcon was pleasantly suprising for the money, but i didnt have a chance to range it at 50-55 where lots of scopes run short of capability.

is a nikko worth the extra?...tough one...i'd say if you dont know what to look for spend the extra, but if you can tell where one betters the other to what degree then you can make the choice. The only reason i say that is that nikkos have a track record...+ the extra 10mm of lens does make it easier on the eye...they are reputed to rangefind well, and the ones ive looked through all have right out to 55. Look through a few though, the optical clarity of the nikkos can vary...but despite that they still perform well.

oh the nikko is heavier probably.

Big 'distributor' buys the company, and jacks the price ! Nice business move, thankfully I bought 2 before the 'buy out'.

Good 'ol AGS.

Chris.
    Because the best is barely good enough........

Quote Originally Posted by xxrobrsvxx View Post
    Hi mate,

I have checked all e mails and I can not find any e mails from you, I've also gone through all my "Spam" e mails for which I had 280 in the last 10 days and I am also unable to find anything from you there either.

Anyway, to answer your question, Falcon Optics have been bought out by AGS, AGS have increased the price points of the product Range by £60.00 and are now offering a life time warranty, whilst the scopes are an excellent product and are probably more than worth the additional £60.00 Nightvisionsupplies.co.uk don't currently have an account with AGS so would not be able to supply this scope to you at present.

If you send me an e mail tomorrow nightvisionsupplies@hotmail.comagain I'll reply to you with the above Thread info and any other question or information that I can help you with.
    As far as I am aware all of our e mails are being received and answered, I've certainly had and received a number of them today and in previous days along with sales and confirmation of good received and sent.

Hope this helps answer some of your questions.

Regards Rob

Nightvisionsupplies.co.uk
    Hi Rob, thanks for replying.

I sent the email on the 12th, about 10.15pm but no matter.

I hope the AGS buyout wont affect the quality of the Falcon. Must admit I dont know much about AGS and if they are good quality or not.

So with the £60 increase I presume that means the price difference between Nikko and Falcon is now only £40? A pity as that makes the decision even harder. Or does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Candocad View Post
    Big 'distributor' buys the company, and jacks the price ! Nice business move, thankfully I bought 2 before the 'buy out'.

Good 'ol AGS.

Chris.

AGS have not bought the company, they have bought THAT particular product range. Apart from the price, everything else will be the same. Because AGS is able to, it has upgraded the warranty to 'lifetime' as standard. IIRC this was possible with Falcon anyway, but there was some additional cost. Another benefit of the AGS takeover is that many more retailers will have the benefit of their distribution chain. Meaning, better availability.

As far as the price is concerned, the Falcon scopes were always underpriced compared to their competition. Falcon knew this, AGS knew this, and many of the users who looked through both, knew this.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveC200 View Post
    I hope the AGS buyout wont affect the quality of the Falcon. Must admit I dont know much about AGS and if they are good quality or not.

So with the £60 increase I presume that means the price difference between Nikko and Falcon is now only £40? A pity as that makes the decision even harder. Or does it?
    I don't think AGS will be including the 10-40x56 in their range, as they already have products that fill that slot. [8-32 mag.]

To be good, one must do good.

I checked out the Falcon Optics website as soon as I saw this thread, and yes, AGS have the distribution rights for the range. What happens now to 'new' products from Falcon, or the 10-40 range of scopes? Do AGS have sole UK distribution rights for everything from Falcon?

The price hike for a longer warranty. I see the use of this, however, as the products appeared very good in the first place, a longer warranty is not an issue really.

I like the idea of small business, run by enthusiasts, for enthusiasts, who offer quality products, at great prices.

Good for Falcon, I suppose. They now have a large distributor to handle their products. Poor shooter, who now no longer benefits from a discounted product..

Chris.

shame the 10-40 is gone, but a thumbs up on another dedicated FT scope in the wings...

Rob,

Thanks for the reply, as you may have noted I am a bit of a Falcon Optics fan, and the AGS link is a bit of a downer. (From my point of view anyway.) I am looking forward to the arrival of the new products, if they are anywhere as good as the Merlin range they will be a must have.

Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldie [aka GeeDee] View Post
    AGS have not bought the company, they have bought THAT particular product range. Apart from the price, everything else will be the same. Because AGS is able to, it has upgraded the warranty to 'lifetime' as standard. IIRC this was possible with Falcon anyway, but there was some additional cost. Another benefit of the AGS takeover is that many more retailers will have the benefit of their distribution chain. Meaning, better availability.

I don't think AGS will be including the 10-40x56 in their range, as they already have products that fill that slot. [8-32 mag.]

Quote Originally Posted by xxrobrsvxx View Post
    AGS are distributing the Merlin range in the UK. The Merlin range now comprises of just 3 models - 10x42, 4-14x42 and 4-14x56IR. Falcon Optics still distribute the Merlin range to dealers outside of the UK.

Production on the Merlin 10-40x56 has ceased. We wont be offering this product any more, either directly or via AGS.

Quote Originally Posted by Candocad View Post
    Rob,

Thanks for the reply,

Chris.

You're welcome.
    To be good, one must do good.

J_leader Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveC200 View Post
    Not a review but the scope section seemed the best place to put this.

I did a few hours research on here a couple of nights ago and both get very good reviews and a mate has the Nikko which Im very impressed with.

But...

Is the Nikko really worth the extra £100?

And where could I get a Falcon from as all the online shops seems to be out of stock. Tried emailing NightVisionSupplies as they got mentioned quite a few times during my searching on here but didnt get a reply.

Thanks.
    UK quality of Falcon scopes cannot be compared with Nikko Stirling "made in China".
    Have You searched on Airgunforhunt?

I think the Falcon's are 'assembled' in China ? Like most things.

Japan / Germany = £1k+

China etc = The rest ?

Chris.

to balance that, a chap at our club has bought a big nikko from BAR, and despite him thinking (like the rest of us) that the big nikkos had less quality optics (but better rangefinding) than comparison scopes, his is an really nice one...probably as tight resolution as a custom shop...snaps in well also.

it seems the quality varies a little...theres good and there's better ones...but then who's to say that doesnt happen with other scopes. For me the only way of telling is to look through them. I've seen differing image quality and performance in leupolds as well...guess the trick is to look through as many of the possibilities as possible at the ranges you want to use it over. I wouldnt discount any scope unless it had a physical problem or several of the scopes showed the same traits.

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    Quote Originally Posted by J_leader View Post
    UK quality of Falcon scopes cannot be compared with Nikko Stirling "made in China".
    Have You searched on Airgunforhunt?
    They can when you are talking about the Nikko Diamond range which are supposed to have Japanese optics. We are not talking about the Nighteaters here.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

CHUNK. is offline Backdoor sausage enthusiast

bugger

I`ve been dithering over the falcon 10-40. Have to look at something else now

Dither long, and the T-50 will be available !

Chris.