Thread: what springer to buy

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Arrow

If price really is no object then a top line tune from V Mach on a Weihrauch HW97K or HW80 will be as good as it gets.
    Out of the box-that is factory standard-the Air Arms Pro Sport is a great rifle and, although not cheap, actually great value for money. The AA TX200HC or Mk 3 (longer barrel) are also very highly rated but have different handling characteristics to the Pro Sport.
    To decide between 'Weihrauch handling' and 'Air Arms handling' I can only repeat what has been said already: get to a gun club and try them out!

Gas rams have been mentioned. They are excellent but it is fair to say that not all shooters like the action. This is either described as 'snappy'- which is fair and a result of the fast action (short lock time) or 'harsh' which in my experience (which I would modestly describe as 'considerable' )is often caused by over pressuring the ram to try and get more power. This is the gas ram equivalent of fitting an overpowered spring in a conventional spring rifle. All it does is make the rifle inaccurate and horrible to shoot
    Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Rapidnick; 16-11-2006 at 11:14 AM.