Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what springer to buy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
    Thankfully, that sort of idea seems to be ancient history these days. I've not encountered a quality modern break barrel rifle from a reputable maker that suffers poor lock up and barrel droop for quite some time. That said, you can't possibly encounter such a problem with a fixed barrel rifle!
    Basically - I agree, a quality break barrel has a wear adjustable breech bolt rather than a pin but I have seen at least one HW77 (fixed barrel) with barrel droop. To counteract this Sportsmatch do produce a droop compensating o/p mount.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Question I.J.

Sorry to hi jack your thread.....
    Ian/I.J.
    How much could I get a new .177 HW35 for ? Can they be found for less than £200? Is it worth considering one thats been worn in? Is the K model screw cut for a silencer? I am getting tempted to add one to my collection at some time.
    Cheers
    Steph

Quote Originally Posted by Crabbet View Post
    Sorry to hi jack your thread.....
    Ian/I.J.
    How much could I get a new .177 HW35 for ? Can they be found for less than £200? Is it worth considering one thats been worn in? Is the K model screw cut for a silencer? I am getting tempted to add one to my collection at some time.
    Cheers
    Steph

Steph,
    I think HW35 are still available new to special order but personally I wouldn't bother with a new one (unless it was a 'special edition') when good quality second hand ones usually go for around the £100 mark, depending on condition, model etc.
    I have only seen one '35 come new with a screw cut thread (the silver/black anniversary model in my collection HERE) and thats a standard length (19" barrel) version.
    I have been known to shout the praises of the classic HW35.

HTH
    Ian
    Last edited by I. J.; 19-11-2006 at 12:28 AM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

perforater Guest
    xl tactical al the way mate i have 1 and it is a littel jem

Talking Springer's

:d Got A Hw97 K .177, Accurate And Nice To Shoot, Would Recommend It!!!:d

the doner Guest

Thumbs up

My advise to you if you are after a springer, The webley xocet is the best choise they offer thourghbred quality at an affordable price, there is also the xocet xs with the fitted silcencer for about 10 quid more.