Thread: Bsa

inquisitiveyank Guest

Bsa

My latest project, a Baikal MP513 requires a scope. The BSA 4-12 I purchased for it will not hold zero. It takes the recoil alright and the reticle hasn't broken, but every two or three shots and the point of impact moves two inches.
    This is a very hard bucking springer and I'm going to need something very tough. I believe at this point, a good solid fixed power with an adjustable objective may be a better choice than a variable.
    I know that there are several scopes in the $200 us to $300 us range, but I find it difficult to justify spending two to three times the price of the rifle for sights.
    I've run across a brand called "Leapers", but have no experience with them. The prices seem about right, but are they up to the punishment of a hard recoiling springer? Also the RWS 4X is reasonable but no AO. on the model I saw.
    I'm using this rifle for the taking of small game and pest control at ranges of 15 to 50 yds(over 50 I go to the rimfires). Our small critters here range from wood rats to black tailed Jack rabbits(really a large hare) of 15 lbs, the reason for the powerful rifle.
    All comments are appreciated. I realize that most of the FAC guys have gone to PCP guns, but someone must still hunt with a heavy springer!

Try to get a bushnell trophy,legend or elite3200/4200.
    They wild hold zero and are very good optics and will last a liftime.
    on every action comes a reaction