Thread: Swarovski Laser Guide

Swarovski Laser Guide

Anyone had any practical experience of the Swarovski Laser Guide rangefinder? I am interested in eventually buying one - they seem to be the pick of the top-grade rangefinders.
    Tikka T3 Lite .223 REM
    Ruger 77/17 .17 HMR
    Anschütz 520 .22 LR

northernchris Guest
    Had a look at 1 today cant remember the model it was very nice though BUT it wasnt twice as good as the Leupold as that was half the price.So i got the later.

to right

After handling both and using a Leica 1200 Scan I will stick with the Leica considering the extra cost of the Swaro. I don't like the control button on the Swaro and the fact that they come with a sort of holster, not a case. In my opinion they are too expensive. I bought two Leica 1200 Scans from a local camera shop who was ending his line of range finders so I got them at a good price. Keeping one for my use and would like to sell the other which is brand new. PM me if you are interested. Looking for £300 posted. Will put in the for sale section next week.
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.

The Leica is a range finder but the swarovski is a single bine-o! with a range finder build in..it is half the weight and a bine-o as it half the glass, it is a bright in low light as my S&B 8x56!

I love it, and will never go back!

ANDY

Quote Originally Posted by vbull View Post
    After handling both and using a Leica 1200 Scan I will stick with the Leica considering the extra cost of the Swaro. I don't like the control button on the Swaro and the fact that they come with a sort of holster, not a case. In my opinion they are too expensive. I bought two Leica 1200 Scans from a local camera shop who was ending his line of range finders so I got them at a good price. Keeping one for my use and would like to sell the other which is brand new. PM me if you are interested. Looking for £300 posted. Will put in the for sale section next week.
    Last edited by grayedout; 08-06-2009 at 08:21 AM.

If you are purely after the one that ranges the furthest, then pick the swarovski. It is probably the one that can range the furthest and most affordable for a civilian. I have used one on the mountain range here and it will go 1500m no problem. You will not be able to frame the target exactly to get pinpoint measurements but close enough to get the gun dialed.

Unless you are shooting beyond 1000, the leicas are hard to beat. i have the 900scan and it never let me down. clamp it on a tripod with the purposely made adapter and its one astounding kit.

i dont like the leupold one, it doesnt have an illuminated LED like the leica and not as reliable.

In order of preference 1)Swaro 2) leica 1200/ 900 models

I would struggle to justify spending more than £250 on a laser rangefinder. In fact, my JSR one is perfect for me at £90
    B.A.S.C | HW100Tuning KT250bar+reg+tune .177+4-16x50 | HW95.177 +4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune | TX200HC.22 + 4-16x44 | HW97KT.22 + 4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune

I only shoot out to 250 max, not happy after that the range on all the RF is fine for me.. its the use a low light first and last thing that I need and I also didn't like have bine'os and RF I love using the Swarovski as my Bineo for me you cant beat I tried them all the only thing as good is bine'os with a RF built in but they cost more and are a lot heavier! Colin a stalker I hunt with has Leica 10x40 I think they are about £1400.00 my Swarovski or only 8x30 but as the tube is so short they easy as light in low light.. really if you just need to sent up target or check out fixed point were you hunt they are all good.. but if like me you like the an RF at hand all the time and don't want a tone of gear around your neck ..... Swarovski RF

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by C3PO_1 View Post
    I would struggle to justify spending more than £250 on a laser rangefinder. In fact, my JSR one is perfect for me at £90
    what you say is true for the majority. it depends what rifle system are you using it for, caliber and space available. I would take conditions also into consideration. if you shoot in really bright light, the average lr will look like a lower end, it simply wont read. too many bushes and normal ones wont read either.
    Most of the guys i shoot with here at the mountain range have poured alot of money of big boomers so an extra 500 on the swarovski was not much especially if you spending 1pound per pop on your 300,338 or 50. conversely if you have a 500pound rifle and optic, spending as much on your RF might not make much sense or if you will only use it once every two months.
    the leica's 900scan will be the ideal for alot of ppl.

PeteB is offline Personally, I don't trust any bloke that makes me feel stiff in the morning
    Calne, Wiltshire. (not far enough from Calais)
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=324303

I still use and love my Swaro LRF. Great bit of kit even if you just use it instead of binos.
    I plink, therefore I am.

same here and its lighter to carry than Swaro 8x30 binos!

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by PeteB View Post
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=324303

I still use and love my Swaro LRF. Great bit of kit even if you just use it instead of binos.