Thread: Bsf - Bavarian Air-rifles

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

BSF 54 (Pics)

Hi all, Yes I have one BSF 54 , Bought it from a gunshop (A number of years ago! ) It came with 2 more guns, The owner said he had never seen one before, As regards "Power" in the 60-70,s the top guns were all pump ups, Sheridan, Crossman, Setra, And SHARP !, Some other high powered springers were around too, I still have one, Original 35 S, big gun, (This one had the Ether Injection unit fitted) Ala, Barracuda, ( No it wasn,t on when I got it) I have shot the break barrel BSF,s but they are too light & Jumpy ( Just my opinion) The 3 band pressing on the BSF is identical to my Haenals, ? 302-303, Cheers PS I have an Airsporter Stutzen coming ! Tap loader V, Nice, cheers again
    Attached Images Attached Images

Perhaps someone at BSF pre-empted your thoughts BTDT. The (infamous) model 65 I have has the power restriction symbol 'F in a pentagon' on the side so it was originally produced as a low powered (7j) version. During its lifetime someone has fitted a stronger spring to raise the power lovel.

The BSF 55/60/70 are quite lively to shoot and require a loose hold to gain the best from them, similar in style to the standard 'slow action' of the 'Sport. Interesting enough the fitting of a shorter, stronger (?) Macarri spring to a 'Sport quicked the action and altered the best holding stance.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

If I'm not mistaken, there is a BSF sitting on the second hand rack in Dowlings. I don't know what model it was, but it seemed in very good nick.

Lionel