Thread: Bsf - Bavarian Air-rifles

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bsf

I bought one of these, a S70 in late 1981 from a firm called Replicaguns in Fulham Palace Road London. They must have bought old stock from the importer when they went bust. They had S70's at £69.95 and B54's as well for about £85. I think they were substandard because I got a refund on mine and went and bought a HW80 for £72 from Streatham Armoury.....

The price of the S70's then went DOWN to £49.95, if you check Airgun World late 81/early 82 you should see their add.

It was a shame because I always wanted a BSF, I remember seeing them for sale at Sussex Armouries shop off the Strand, they had a B54 Match with a beautiful walnut stock, but it was an absolute fortune..

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    I remember seeing them for sale at Sussex Armouries shop off the Strand, they had a B54 Match with a beautiful walnut stock, but it was an absolute fortune..
    Sorry to hijack this thread but you've just reminded me of the Sussex Armoury 'showroom' just off Trafalgar Square. I went in there once on a visit into 'town'. Very posh it was, carpets, brightly lit, guns and accessories in glass cabinets, and located in a new parade of 'prestige' shops. It's hard to imagine an airgun shop these days in such a public place in the heart of Westminster. How things have changed.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.