Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: maccari stocks help please?

maccari stocks help please?

Has anyone ordered one of these from the U.S.? thinking of ordering this stock.

http://www.airguns.citymax.com/catal...1687/43142.htm

when the currency is converted it comes in at £110 that includes post...bargain even if you have to do a bit of finishing work yourself.

Arrow

Excellent value-I was very pleased with mine.

You will have to do a lot of finishing, but its an excellent way to personalise your own stock at a lesser price. Pay particular attention to what JM says about inletting, it will need a bit of "fine tuning," and make sure you do that first. Also, decide what grade of wood you need with care, some of his stuff is very good, it might be better in the long run to go for the best you can afford.
    Have fun..!

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

Ditto to both the posts above. Don't underestimate the amount of time taken to finish them (although it is time consuming rather than difficult, and I found it rather therapeutic overall).

The picture may show it with a recoil pad etc but you will get a basic stock only (no recoil pad) and yes you will be doing a lot of finishing.

I have purchased a Maccari stock and it needed no more inleting done but i belive that the diy ones need some inleting as well.

Alex.
    Tomahawk Sidewinder .22 (British)

Mad Mark Guest
    TO BE FAIR GENTS I HAVE HEARD OF HIS STOCKS COMING WITH CRACKS AND THINGS BUT DONT LIKE TAKING THEM BACK

Quote Originally Posted by georgey View Post
    when the currency is converted it comes in at £110 that includes post...bargain even if you have to do a bit of finishing work yourself.
    If you're unlucky you may have to do a little 'coughing up to customs' work as well .

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mark View Post
    TO BE FAIR GENTS I HAVE HEARD OF HIS STOCKS COMING WITH CRACKS AND THINGS BUT DONT LIKE TAKING THEM BACK
    Yes this is holding me back as well. I too have heard of splits and chunks missing. Coupling this with his nice 'customer friendly' diatribes on his website and, well,....

Mad Mark Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by E-B View Post
    Yes this is holding me back as well. I too have heard of splits and chunks missing. Coupling this with his nice 'customer friendly' diatribes on his website and, well,....
    WELL YOU PAY YA MONEY AND TAKE YOUR CHANCE.I WOULD HAVE ONE MADE IN THE UK SO YOU HAVE SOME SORT OF COME BACK IF YOU HAVE PROBS.ITS NOT LIKE YOU CAN JUMP IN THE CAR AND GO AND HAVE WORDS ABOUT IT.

MARK

Paul Hudson Guest
    For the same sort of money, why not have a look at the Ginb stocks from Antonio? And the added bonus is that he doesn't want paying until you've got your stock and are happy with it - and they arrive fully finished

I would post a link, but I'm in the office and the IT people have put a block on most of the shooting related sites (apart from this one)

Paul.

I'd strongly recommend what Paul said. Recently bought a stock for my HW97k from Antonio and absolutely delighted with it.

http://www.ginb.it/en_index.php?lang=en

Herx77 is offline "Instruments of the light"
    I bought the HW77/97 target stock, nice bit of wood but for me it was a bit short, 30mm shorter than standard length stocks.Having fun with an axe roughing up to shape,suprising how far wood chips fly The Morgan butt pad is very good ,being vary easy to adjust up, down. and verticle butt angle variable.The exchange rate is about 1.8 dollars to the pound, so you get a lot for it.At the end of the day you pays your money and takes your choice. HERX77
    Fighter against the "Dark Arts" A stranger in an even stranger land.
    GC2+Leupold 14.4-34x45
    AA400 fac receiver+sidewinder 8.5-34x52
    Weihrauch HW77k fiddled with and doing what it wants to +Zeiss 3-9x36.
    Weihrauch HW90k
    Weihrauch HW97k learning from above,now sporting a Maccarri 77/97 target stock..+Bushnell 3200.Go on shoot one you know you want to
    Daystate mk3 RT Delux + bushnell 4200 8-24x 40Does what it should again & again.
    Fwb 124 + Optima was good is good!
    Webley Vulcan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mark View Post
    I received a HW35 stock from Macarri's, with machine tool damage to the left forend. I've returned it via airmail and am awaiting it's replacement. I must add that the person I've spoken to about it, (Karen), has been really polite and helpful.

I have one from Jim and he was great to deal with, the stock needed some elbow grease, but worth it in the end.
    I had made up a special tool to finish off the inletting, and TBH it turned out ok concidering I have never worked with wood.
    CS1000-HW97K
    HW 75 .177
    HW 45 Black Star

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    I ended up having to get one for my Pro-Elite. I got lucky in that the inletting was spot on. It does take a bit of time and elbow grease but for the money it's hard to do better unless there is one of those GinB stocks available for your rifle.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!