Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats the "Rarest" rifle you own ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Twixt Dartmoor and Exmoor, Devon (Tiverton way)
    Quote Originally Posted by skan man View Post

hi paddy any idea of how many Midas's were made
    No mate, I have no idea. I wouldn't have put it down on my list except for the fact that you did!

Thinking about it, maybe the rarest airgun I have is my Haenel 312 side-lever match target rifle? It's similar to the 311, but much, much rarer!
    Beware the fury of a patient man... John Dryden (1631 - 1700).

My foxing website: www.foxonic.com

On ma dirt farm near Dudley in the Westmidlands.
    BSA Cobra Strike,well its not really mine anymore as I gave it to my cousin but I am looking after it for him!

Question

I have a gamo mc 10mt target side lever.
    Does anyone know any thing about these as every body seems to have heard of them but never seen one

My hydrograffiked steyr,the only one of it's kind.
    "There is only one god and his name is death... and what do we say to him? Not today"

Acid House is offline Rivi's very own Shrek (and Coronation Street fan).
    AA S200 !

Not rare in itself but its fabled once to have been touched by I.J. up at Rivi Rifles.
    Enlightenment is only a click away http://www.rivington-riflemen.org
    If a man talks in the woods and nobody hears him, is he still wrong?

Hi All & Thanks for the input But, I consider Bsa Mod D,s and Lincoln Jeffries, Bsa light models, Gem,s ( Even though I have one stamped No 2 ) rare, and a Number of others mentioned ! The " One off " makes are rarer but not necessarily more collectible, I Appreciate the input from the guy,s but an Airsporter Stutzen, or a Rb2 ( Nice as they are ) are not rare ! I have 2 of Richard Chainey,s guns ( Bought off this forum ) No,s 3 & 7, Etc, These I would consider to be rare, IE less than 30 in total, (worth is something else) When we are dead & gone is another thing ?? Another ( Quality ) gun I would add ! "yes " every said word is debateable ? A Parker Hale Dragon, A "Quality" Item, Was it worth the effort ? Again I know, ( But i Wouldn,t sell it ) Where will this generation of Pre-Charged guns be in 100 years, ( If at all ) I was going to reply to a Thread earlier, but decided not to, It was about Synthetic piston washers in a BSF, Remember what Mr Cardew said about "Mild dieselling) The leather washers LOVE it, Ha ha, ( I do go on I when the beer is in ) And thats often !

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    Quote Originally Posted by gedfinn 2 View Post
    an Airsporter Stutzen, or a Rb2 ( Nice as they are ) are not rare
    Duly noted Ged, I did say that the ones I put down were not particularly rare. However, as they are so common could you put me down for two of each please, in .25 and .177. £50 a piece as they are so damned common. You did ask "what's the rarest rifle you own?"
    Last edited by Sam Vimes; 26-11-2006 at 08:51 PM.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

I have a Daystate Midas. I exchanged the brass cylinder for a polished Stainless Steel clylinder. It has a stainless steel barrel support, power adjuster and filler cap. Breech and rear of gun is Colour Case Hardened as are the scope mounts. It has a Simmons Stainless Steel modified bolt assembly that was specially made for me. The gun was worked on by to friends in the industry who are master engineers. This gun endorses their work. It is truly unique and in mint condition. Have not fired it for two years as I am now into Rimfire. Also have anothe Midas converted to stainless steel but no colour case hardening and with original blued bolt. Gun is like new. Both in .22..
    Lurchermiss

Twixt Dartmoor and Exmoor, Devon (Tiverton way)
    Quote Originally Posted by peter pounds View Post
    I have a Daystate Midas. I exchanged the brass cylinder for a polished Stainless Steel clylinder. It has a stainless steel barrel support, power adjuster and filler cap. Breech and rear of gun is Colour Case Hardened as are the scope mounts. It has a Simmons Stainless Steel modified bolt assembly that was specially made for me. The gun was worked on by to friends in the industry who are master engineers. This gun endorses their work. It is truly unique and in mint condition. Have not fired it for two years as I am now into Rimfire. Also have anothe Midas converted to stainless steel but no colour case hardening and with original blued bolt. Gun is like new. Both in .22..
    I'd have thought that they'd be worthy of a photo or two...!
    Beware the fury of a patient man... John Dryden (1631 - 1700).

My foxing website: www.foxonic.com

My lad has a new digital camera I will see if he can put them up.
    Lurchermiss

Steyr...

...Co2 match rifle. It's just so gorgeous to shoot a real example of engineering.

Shame it may have to go

Geo.Gibson Bussey Garden Rifle

.21 calibre.A midget but nicely cased

Still in love with my Daystate Merlyn LE - not as rare as some, but still number 12 of only 50 (60?) made..

Derek
    Daystate Merlyn LE#12+Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x44 MC
    AA400 carbine, Zeiler 8-32x44
    Swallows FTC. 'darn 'sarf..

Shaggy Guest
    I have a few more to add to my list looking at some of the rifles mentioned already I now consider rare

Air Arms Pro-Target custom! it's block is original but that's about it! super heavy over 20lb but it does shoot better then it looks!
    tarted up by Hydrographics (cost more then the donor rifle) but worth it!

Daystate Merlin LE No: 6
    I managed to get hold of 1 of these lovelies
    I have no:6 in .22 there wasn't that many .22 done only a couple I think? I have only put about 10 shots through it since I bought it! wanted a nice silver bit of glass to go on top! which is on it's way over so it might come out a bit more once it's on top!

ATB
    Daz