Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats the "Rarest" rifle you own ?

i used to own a boxed and virtually mint walnut stocked saxby palmer herald.
    ...got one myself mate

Very nice .

Quote Originally Posted by Keef View Post
    The following are with owners and are the only ones made of their type, at least by me:

Steyr LG Bullpup (One)

Daystate Mk3 Bullpup (One)

HW 100 Bullpup (One only but not for long)

Ripley Predator 20 shot Bullpup (One)

Daystate LR 90 semi bullpup (One)

BSA Goldstar Semi Bullpup (One)

BSA Super Ten with an all aluminium folding stock (One)

Air Arms Evolution in a fully adjustable aluminium stock. (One)

There is also an HW80 out there somewhere. It took the customer three years of pestering me before I finally agreed to do it. I will never do another one. Ever.

If there is a request I will put Photobucket links up.
    Very nice keith . but the two most succesfull FT rifles you have done are my GC2 and the 2002 shutz you did . the latter is just about as perfect a FT rifle as you will find . weight , balance , hold , accuracy , reliability . all present and correct .
    as for rare . i have one of dave welhams airmasters shamals with john welham stock . les than 30 made and how many left now . dunno . but i have never seen or heard of another ??? HOLLY

probably got one of the rareist air rifles, a muzzle loading 30 cal butt resevoir, made by the late mick dawes, in the early 1980s he made every part including the octagonal barrel which he rifled himself, superb piece of kit
    Shaun

Was it worth the trouble, Ah, what trouble

Quote Originally Posted by baz View Post
    I have a .25 Scirroco (one of only two I am told, I recently bought it back, I owned it for several years before)

.20 Pro Elite with Lothar Walther barrel, I believe made by factory as looks original, also PE in .177 that is supersonic with everything apart from Bismags

TDs "Emily" the FT championship winning HW77, I dont own it but do look after it for TD, its in cossetted airconditioned luxury, along with TDs Logun "Carbon Fibre" special which I am looking after

Ken Turner special HW80, all stainless steel, another I have bought back after owning a few years ago (the wonders of the worldwide BBS)

And one for the firearms lovers, 22/250 Ackley Improved built by B. Dupuy, winner of several Benchrest comps a decade or two ago and drop dead gorgeous, built on Obendorf action with Lothar Walther barrel, Jewel trigger and superb Walnut stock, 1/2 inch group at 200yds with ease!

Hi baz just out of curiosity what serial no. is your ken turner stainless rifle im only asking because mine is kt83 002 which was kens own competition rifle during the eighties 001 im told was sold to ian law and then to a guy i know who emigrated to usa. Ken went on to build several more rifles in 1987 but i dont know the exact number. Ta mate. Matt (ps i would of pm'd you but couldnt click on your username for some reason)
    Last edited by Mattatack; 09-12-2010 at 10:37 AM. Reason: spelling errors

two s16 evo prototypes (out of 5 made) all hold air too !!
    two logun black widow prototypes (out of 4 made)

lefties

Left hand .22 TX200 sr beech
    Left hand .22 TX200 sr walnut
    Left hand .22 Daystate Sportsman mkII walnut
    very possibly the last BSA .177 Spitfire ever built

& a Franchi SPAS LAW 12 ( I've never seen another one in England)
    "Putting a country take on things..."

A Daystate Midas in .22. Converted to Stainless Steel cylinder from the Brass. Stainless trigger guard, stainless filler cap. Stainless steel power adjuster, Simmons Stainless Steel large bolt converted to fit. Colour cased hardened breech. Updated valving. Only fired about 3000 shots or less.
    Lurchermiss

BSA Mercury Challenger, and if you say it isn't rare then you try and get one on here! Took me years to get one
    Steyr Challenge HFT - HW97K - BSA Mercury Challenger - Anschutz 9015 One - AA Pro Target - AA Pro Elite - ASI Paratrooper (R) - Walther LP500

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    JB-1 Titan SSP
    Parker-Hale Dragon SSP
    Crosman 400 10 shot linear mag CO2 Rifle - these are common in the US, thousands were made but there aren't many about in the UK, ha ha.

Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

russian sniper is offline 1982 Sausage roll and cider gargling regional finalist

Thumbs up

Mk1 Theoben Elan

ATB
    Daz

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by bootneckbob View Post
    BSA Mercury Challenger, and if you say it isn't rare then you try and get one on here! Took me years to get one
    Same here and exactly the same story.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Venom Mach 1
    Essex Air Ambulance saved my life on 20/08/2010 www.essexairambulance.uk.com

Just acquired this week, JB1 single stroke pneumatic,a truly awesome gun,nonworking I just need to get it fixed,but its really nice to look at.

Galway Fieldmaster in .22, might not be very good but its rare

link

JW60 F/B .177
    JW50 B/B .177
    JW50 B/B .177
    TX200sr MK1 .177/walnut
    TX200sr MK1 .177/walnut
    V-Mach HW98 .177/Don Robinson stock

A few Titans that seem to be getting rare inc a Mohawk....
    Pics in my siggy.
    ATB
    Steve