Thread: JSR Red/Green 40mm superdot sight

danche Guest

JSR Red/Green 40mm superdot sight

I bought one of these from JSR for the measly sum of £29.95, I was really suprised at it, it is 40mm, it has a variable red or green dot, built in 11mm scope rail, flip up lens covers, a lot of sight for very little money, I bought it mainly for plinking in the back garden as it's only 1X power, but to my suprise it is also quite capable of short to medium range hunting as well

It's brought a whole new dimension to my fun shooting, because of the 40mm lens size and 1X power, it's easy to get fast target acquisition, it's like having a laser without actually having a laser.

Buy one it's great fun, you would be suprised how useful it is, I was.

How accurate & over what distance? You never here about anyone with a red dot on a rifle. I thought they looked good value .
    "Putting a country take on things..."

Ideot Savant Guest
    I have a couple of red dot, an ancient tasco and a cheapo £10 jobbie. Very easy to be accurate out to 25 odd yards on a rifle. My old supersport carbine with its red dot would be an excellent hunter as I never shoot over 30 yards at live prey.....wish I still had it, same old story I've shot other supersports and none came close, I guess i just had a good one. I digress, a good red dot is not to be sniffed at, just depends what ranges you are shooting at.

leadpig is offline sheet lead welder extraordinaire
    any other comments on these as they sound ideal for my hw80,they will mainly be used on featherd vermin at 5/20 yards.
    are they accurate enough for clean kills