just purchased the merlin T40 10x40-56 in silver with the MP20 reticule initial impressions were good looks and feels very well made and came with sunshades 2 one long and one short both stackable, also 95mm wheel.
so good value with accessorys included, the proof though is in the glass
I tested it against a swift 8x32-50 (which friends and myself put against a leupold and considered a match if not better in opticial quality) the merlin held its own right out to x36 with the picture as bright and clear as the swift on x32 increasing the mag beyond x36 I could start to notice the brightness drop a little.so optically wise very good at this money.
turrets are 1/8th M.O.A clicks but feel pretty positive not leupold standard but better than nikko before o rings removed. tracking is spot on, repeatabilty 100 percent. paralaxing is excellent out to 60yrds. what it is like handling hot weather i know yet but should not be a big issue being silver i hope.I maybe lucky in getting a good specimen as I've had a good nikko but have looked through some milky ones too.
I got it from horse and country at a steal of a price (advert in gunmart) as they are discountinued, a new model due next year 12.5x50-56 the glass would need to good to handle the extra mag hope this helps anyone chewing on wether to part with the cash. sorry for any poor spelling and grammar.