Thread: General maintenance of a PCP?

dave_wilford Guest

General maintenance of a PCP?

Other than the obvious oiling of metal what else do "you" experienced PCP users do to maintain your rifles.
    Ive had S10 for about 5 months.

Thanks, Dave

emstershop Guest
    I heard you have to get pcp's checked out for corrosion in the air chamber. Is this true as im interested in getting a pcp in the near future.

cheers
    mark

dave_wilford Guest

Hi

You've just reminded me of a question I wanted to bring up. I use a hand pump to charge my rifle and rarely charge it from air tanks. Recently I read an article on moisture damage from regular use of hand pumps. Is there need for worry?

Any advice would be helpfull,

Dave

WILBA Guest
    dave i tend to release the pressure on the pump to let water come out from moisture trap every 15 pumps or so to make sure, this not a requirement but i tend to do it to make sure after hearing the same thing you did.i to have only used a pump form start of owning a pcp and have no experience of divers bottle setups. although nearly bought a setup to day but decided not to as i did not know what to look for.the only thing i do with my guns other than wipe them down is grease the loading bolt on the action itself with a small amount of moly grease for lube. my attitude is if it aint broke don't touch it. lol
    chris
    p.s. also change bolt seal once power starts to drop but anything else it goes to gunshop for a look at.don't know enough about the workings to mess with them, but the other guys on here will give you better advice than i can m8.

billy s Guest
    As a diving cylinder needs to be tested it would make sense to look after the cylinder of the rifle.
    I was advised with both the diving cylinder & rifle to keep air pressure in them as due to the pressure trying to push outwards no moisture could get inside to start corrosion.

Bill

emstershop Guest
    Isnt the inside made of some sort of alloy? or at least coated with a non ferrous material?

rgds
    mark

rustambana Guest
    Wipe away the old lube (FWB Special Grease) on moving parts, cylinder threads and o-rings and reapply after every 500 or 1000 shots.

I also keep the charging adaptor and main cylinder outlet covered.

I also clean the bore after every 500 to 1000 shots.

Only had a pcp for three months but so far it has behaved itself. Touchwood!

Rustam