Thread: BSA Essencial Scopes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    AirArmsDavid Guest
    Chap at my club had a similar 'duffer'. It happens with all product lines occasionally. Take it back for a replacement.

ive just bought a 3-9 x 40 essencial scope and im having trouble with the focus at anything less than 45ft the instructions that came with the scope seem to be for different scopes.

Antagonistix Guest

Try a lower mag ?

Quote Originally Posted by blueboy2 View Post
    ive just bought a 3-9 x 40 essencial scope and im having trouble with the focus at anything less than 45ft the instructions that came with the scope seem to be for different scopes.
    Hi,

I have the 3-9x50 Essencial, and at 9x mag, objects at close range like sub 15 yards are not very well focussed. And I dont mean blurry - you need to draw a fine line on a piece of paper to notice it big time. Some objects (say an apple) appear focussed until only 15 ft away.
    Have you tried at lower magnification levels for the close range objects ?

I only began to notice this a couple of days ago when going through yet another zeroing excercise. Its all clear at 25 yards and beyond though which is my intended hunting range. In lower light conditions (like 9PM UK summertime) - fine objects can appear blurry even at 20 yards, dont know if thats my eyesight though.

Overall I would recommend the Essencial scope but alas I have not owned any other to compare it with !

BTW - My instructions are generic also - not Essencial specific !

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Antagonistix View Post
    Hi,

I have the 3-9x50 Essencial, and at 9x mag, objects at close range like sub 15 yards are not very well focussed. And I dont mean blurry - you need to draw a fine line on a piece of paper to notice it big time. Some objects (say an apple) appear focussed until only 15 ft away.
    Have you tried at lower magnification levels for the close range objects ?

I only began to notice this a couple of days ago when going through yet another zeroing excercise. Its all clear at 25 yards and beyond though which is my intended hunting range. In lower light conditions (like 9PM UK summertime) - fine objects can appear blurry even at 20 yards, dont know if thats my eyesight though.

Overall I would recommend the Essencial scope but alas I have not owned any other to compare it with !

BTW - My instructions are generic also - not Essencial specific !

Dan
    have the same scope and agree! as for the eyesight its prob a dit of both ! i did not find it so bad! better than my old bushnell and my ags 3-9x40 which i think is a good scope for dif reasons! my scope im sure has a 30mm tube! the other scopes in the range do thay have 25mm as was posted in a prev post???

I've had three Bsa scopes, one essential.
    Not my cup of tea
    Prefer a Hawke or Ags for the money

Hi, I have just reluctantly sold one to Ericb on here to fund another scope to use with NV. I could not believe how crisp and clear the optics were and how easy the mil-dot ret is to get on with. I also have a mamba and as far as Im concerned the bsa is as good if you can live with the px on the objective. I stated all these facts in my advertisment but people are still afraid of commiting themselves. What really makes me laugh is that they may even be made in the same factory as some of the so called top names, such is life, Enjoy Ericb you have a quality cheap scope. Cheers Terry
    Bubba when I get home Im gonna kick your mamas ass. Why Daddy. Cos son, sure as hell, you never came from my loins.

Totally agree with Tezzyclayt on the above post, the BSA Essencial scopes are excellent value for money, I have the 6-24x50 and a friend has the 4-12x44 both are very good to use being bright, clear and with very useful mildot markings. Buy one with confidence.

Scope

Quote Originally Posted by tezzyclayt View Post
    Hi, I have just reluctantly sold one to Ericb on here to fund another scope to use with NV. I could not believe how crisp and clear the optics were and how easy the mil-dot ret is to get on with. I also have a mamba and as far as Im concerned the bsa is as good if you can live with the px on the objective. I stated all these facts in my advertisment but people are still afraid of commiting themselves. What really makes me laugh is that they may even be made in the same factory as some of the so called top names, such is life, Enjoy Ericb you have a quality cheap scope. Cheers Terry
    Have to say the scope is perfect and it now sits atop my Tench regged Ultra.

Ericb
    It's Scotland limited options