Thread: BSA Essencial Scopes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Very informative post David.
    Just one question, what diameter is the tube?

they are 25mm tubes..
    a friend of mine has one these on his rapid,and they are a fine optic,very clear and paralax well,good scope for the money..

"THE OAKS"( mile oak shooting club)
    www.mileoakshootingclub.co.uk
    www.airgunadvice.net

laity is offline Dumb “Platinum” Blonde
    Tried one last night and could not believe how good it was for the money..I use a Hawke SR and love it ..BUT the BSA scope was amazing , clear bright optics and for the money..out of this world. I am so surprised that more people dont use these.

Outsanding

LAity
    Lots and lots of guns !

Darren Petts Guest
    I agree that for the money the optics are better than you should expect and the close dots very useful but the ret is easily lost in dark places as the dots are physically small. Dashes may have been better. Still a scope worth considering though.

I have just bought the 4-12 by 44 essential scope, £80. I have some expensive Bushnell 4200 scopes and some Leupold scopes but for £80 I think the BSA is outstanding value for money.

Nice and clear, and a good depth of field.

You really need to adjust the ocular lens (nearest the eye) to get the reticule right for personal preferece as the mil dots are a little small. They may be difficult to see in a dark conditions.

If you are comfortable to shoot on 8 mag then this is a cracking budget HFT scope.

NeilB

I have the 3-9 X32 AO duplex version on my rapid. It’s a cracking scope for hunting, very good optics for the money. I have used it on HFT courses and just racked up a 71 out of 80 with it. If you have a heavy rifle and you want to lighten the load you won’t go far wrong for £50.

I have the 4-12x44AO, and agree about the quality of the optics.

However I find the mildots too small to be of much use.

With the ocular lens adjusted to suit my vision the dots are barely visible, in anything but good light I cannot see them.

A clear case of look before you buy, as I now have to sell mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkstone View Post
    The BSA Essencial 6-24x50 scope sounds really interesting, I am thinking of getting a scope of this type but does anyone know how it compares to the JSR equivelant model ?

I too would really like to know how they compare.
    Please.

snipperuk Guest
    just fitted the jaguar model 1.5-6x44ir 30mm body very nice optics

not impressed

Well i have just got the MD 4x12x44 AO. Optics seem nice and clear but thats as good as it gets. Everything else screams "budget". There are nasty sharp edges to the metalwork. When i used the eyepiece to focus on the reticle it showed up little "jaggies" between the mildots.. very poor imo. I took the eyepeice out about 2 turns during the focusing exercise and found it moved laterally noticeably. I touched it while looking through the scope and found considerable reticle movement occuring. This would probably be more of a problem on a springer?
    Would i recommend it or buy another? Unfortunately No.

Quote Originally Posted by snipperuk View Post
    just fitted the jaguar model 1.5-6x44ir 30mm body very nice optics
    fitted the very same yesterday, quality.
    BSA Scorpion 177. BSA Jaguar 1.5-6 x 44