Thread: BSA Essencial Scopes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I've had three Bsa scopes, one essential.
    Not my cup of tea
    Prefer a Hawke or Ags for the money

Hi, I have just reluctantly sold one to Ericb on here to fund another scope to use with NV. I could not believe how crisp and clear the optics were and how easy the mil-dot ret is to get on with. I also have a mamba and as far as Im concerned the bsa is as good if you can live with the px on the objective. I stated all these facts in my advertisment but people are still afraid of commiting themselves. What really makes me laugh is that they may even be made in the same factory as some of the so called top names, such is life, Enjoy Ericb you have a quality cheap scope. Cheers Terry
    Bubba when I get home Im gonna kick your mamas ass. Why Daddy. Cos son, sure as hell, you never came from my loins.

Totally agree with Tezzyclayt on the above post, the BSA Essencial scopes are excellent value for money, I have the 6-24x50 and a friend has the 4-12x44 both are very good to use being bright, clear and with very useful mildot markings. Buy one with confidence.

Hawke Frontier S.F Model no HK3376 6-24X50 SF Mildot

Hi I have had the obove new scope mounted on a new sako hmr 17 a couple of months and i am having a major problem the point of impact changing considerably if i change the parallax correction and change the power setting to maximum power(zoom).The mounts are new and are on solid and gun/mod are also fine has been checked by GMK.
    The scope is currently set at about 60 metres and the gun groups within one inch i am happy with that.
    The moment i adjust it to 100 meters the pont of impact changes considerably almost 4 inches totally missing the target.
    I have sent the scope back to Debens who at first said they could find nothing wrong with it until i insisted they test fire it with a live rounds at which point they e-mailed me back a little later admiting yes the point of impact did change and posted me another scope.
    I am not sure if they have sent me my old scope back as i am having the same problem again.Any one else had a similar problem.

Scope

Quote Originally Posted by tezzyclayt View Post
    Hi, I have just reluctantly sold one to Ericb on here to fund another scope to use with NV. I could not believe how crisp and clear the optics were and how easy the mil-dot ret is to get on with. I also have a mamba and as far as Im concerned the bsa is as good if you can live with the px on the objective. I stated all these facts in my advertisment but people are still afraid of commiting themselves. What really makes me laugh is that they may even be made in the same factory as some of the so called top names, such is life, Enjoy Ericb you have a quality cheap scope. Cheers Terry
    Have to say the scope is perfect and it now sits atop my Tench regged Ultra.

Ericb
    It's Scotland limited options

I have the 3-9x40 mini-mildot. It came as part of a kit-deal with a TX200 I added to the collection last year. My intention was to upgrade the scope a few months later to a Leupold VX-II I'd fallen for, with the essencial being a stop-gap to at least get me out enjoying the TX without the faff of swapping scopes over. 10 months later, the cheeky little upstart still has pride of place on my TX, and I will keep it there, by choice, until it breaks. It simply performs exactly as I require for the hunting I do, leaving me no technical reason to justify an "upgrade". I have occasional battles with the bling demons within me, but thankfully, reason keeps winning out Bravo BSA.

Really clear optics for the money- But the mil dots are far to close together and you have trouble seeing them in lower light conditions!