Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rapid stocks-which ones fit which actions?

Exclamation Rapid stocks-which ones fit which actions?

Getting a bit of a headache here ladies and gents. However it is an important subject for those of us of the 'Rapid' persuasion so here goes! The following is NOT guaranteed.

A Rapid 1 action will fit the following:
    A Rapid 1 stock- without modification
    A Rapid 2 stock provided the bottle is moved forward by using some form of spacer such as a Theoben Pressure Guage (rare to find one at all let alone still working) a regulator or a threaded tube.
    An MFR stock would need a lot of cutting at the fore end. Probably not worth it in money terms as a R1 stock is usefully cheaper and the value of the MFR stock would be reduced.

A Rapid 2 action will fit the following:
    A Rapid 2 stock without modification.
    A Rapid 1 stock provided that the R1 stock has 2-5mm of wood removed from the inside of the back of the stock so the securing bolt hole lines up correctly AND the bottom of the stock is inlet to accomodate the circular cover found on the underside of the R2 action-easy to spot AND some wood is removed from the trigger slot. There is an issue also with the trigger guard as the R2 action is not supplied with one.
    The R2 action with 400cc bottle will NOT fit an MFR stock without substantial cutting of the fore end. OK with 280cc bottle though.

An MFR action will fit the following:
    A MFR stock without modification
    A Rapid 2 stock without modification. This will leave more space between the (smaller) bottle and the fore end wood.
    A Rapid 1 stock assuming it is cut as if a R2 stock was to be used.

Please note that a R2 stock designed for the Anschutz trigger-with safety cut out on the right side of the stock-which was fitted to the first few R2 actions made, is effectively a R2 stock for the purposes of this guide.

Please feel free to confirm, correct or add to the above statements. I think some kind of permanent reference would be very helpful as this topic comes up quite often.
    Last edited by Rapidnick; 22-12-2016 at 10:07 AM. Reason: revised information

question nick .if fitting mk2 action in mk1 stock you have you have remove 2mm from back of stock.but if you measure the main mk1 receiver hole it is a 100mm from the back of action.the mk2 is 105mm mm from back of action

"THE OAKS"( mile oak shooting club)
    www.mileoakshootingclub.co.uk
    www.airgunadvice.net

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by rapidpaulus View Post
    question nick .if fitting mk2 action in mk1 stock you have you have remove 2mm from back of stock.but if you measure the main mk1 receiver hole it is a 100mm from the back of action.the mk2 is 105mm mm from back of action
    Thanks for your post-should I amend mine to 'up to' 5mm then?

Isn't the mk1 trigger blade a diffrent length to a mk2 ?
    I thought it needed some kind of mod to make it fit ?

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Daveo View Post
    Isn't the mk1 trigger blade a diffrent length to a mk2 ?
    I thought it needed some kind of mod to make it fit ?
    I have actually run a Mk 1 action in a Mk 2 stock. but it was some while ago. What was the problem-was the mk 1's trigger too long or too short?

if i remember right from my previous mk1, i had the mk2 stock fitted and i think the trigger blade was too short. easy sorted with a shoe

may be wrong though

john
    Trustworthy Traders: KevG, BONNIE & CLYDE, Rapidnick, andy_ls26, pbranthwaite, SCCS, GerryG, ChrisW6, pip123, lee.williams, highlandwarrior, loiner1965, HandyAndy, dickieboy, u.k.neil, Coney, BunnyHunter, g60bv, Bob.JS, BuddyBoy, minibbb, O'ringer, Bellycrawler, Whizzer, davegee59, markm, ja69one, whiteleggHW77K, REEVES, sailingtessa, BuzzLightyear, Dougie_fn12, dpm, zooankski, snoozlecracker, Snapshot, el maipino, rapid phil, Kenadams, davidkew - Thanks Guys!

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by johnfaulkner View Post
    if i remember right from my previous mk1, i had the mk2 stock fitted and i think the trigger blade was too short. easy sorted with a shoe

may be wrong though

john
    I think you are right John. I didn't remember it as a problem because I always fitted a trigger shoe to a mk 1.

i have a mk2 stock on my mk1 regulated action,with trigger shoe fitted as low down on th blade as possible.it all works fine.even the safety catch is ok.
    rapid 7 mk2 .22/btas 30ftlbs fac./fx verminator 177
    rapid 17 mk1 regged(by ben taylor)in mk2 stock
    savage hmr and dm80 mod/ crickett .22

Simple, anything will fit anything else if youre determined enough and have the right tools.

Regards,

FAC Mk1/2/MFR hybrid owner.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Sam@CS View Post
    Simple, anything will fit anything else if youre determined enough and have the right tools.

Regards,

FAC Mk1/2/MFR hybrid owner.
    Well done Sam!!! I should've specified in the thread starter 'without major cutting being needed'.

Just thought it was time to make this resurface.

just what i was looking for

UPDATE
    I had a conversation with a bbs member today who asked me about fitting a R2 stock designed for the Anschutz trigger on an action with any of the other trigger types. I told him that there is no problem doing this except that the inletting might be a little 'snug' and require a bit of sandpapering. However the other way around isn't quite so easy.
    Most Rapid users would spot the side mounted safety catch of the Anschutz trigger which requires a slot to be cut on the side of the stock. What you also will need to do is remove some wood from the inletting as the mechanism of the Anschutz trigger protrudes further down out of the block than any of the later trigger types. Not a problem but just something to bear in mind in the event of needing to fit an Anschutz triggered R2 action in a later stock.

EDIT: I have just fitted a R2 action with the Anschutz trigger in a CS800 stock made for a standard Mk 2 action. I cut the side slot for the safety and then stuck some rubber strips left to right on the base of the action at each end. This seemed to do the trick. If you need to do this my advice is to check that the trigger moves sweetly as you tighten the stock fixing bolt. If the rubber spacers are too thin the trigger blade will progressively foul as the action is tightened and therefore 'sinks lower' in the inletting of the stock. Not a serious problem but something to bear in mind in the event of having to do this work.
    Last edited by Rapidnick; 22-12-2016 at 10:17 AM.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

On the subject of Rapid stocks Nick. Are they actually oiled or coated in lacquer when leaving the factory? I seem to remember that they dont soak up much walnut oil even from new and the finish appears pretty damned tough and the opposite of something like an Air Arms stock which will suck in half a bottle of oil almost overnight!
    Cheers,
    Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    On the subject of Rapid stocks Nick. Are they actually oiled or coated in lacquer when leaving the factory? I seem to remember that they dont soak up much walnut oil even from new and the finish appears pretty damned tough and the opposite of something like an Air Arms stock which will suck in half a bottle of oil almost overnight!
    Cheers,
    Andy
    Andy generally I have found them to be lacquered but I'm sure you could order one with the finish you wanted. I haven't bought a new Rapid for ten years so am the wrong person to ask really.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.