Thread: Rapid stocks-which ones fit which actions?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    UPDATE
    Since I started this thread Theoben have standardised the production of the Rapid. Now the blocks fitted to all of them are basically the same with the scalloped loading port and series 4 trigger with wide blade. The term Rapid 1 now applies to the standard Rapid block described above fitted with a short bottle valve and stock with a metal trigger guard. The legal limit Rapid 2 has a regulator and can be fitted in all of the current Rapid stocks. The FAC variants have longer barrels and either a fast flow valve or regulator which are the same length as each other and so again will fit in all of the modern stocks..
    A block fitted with the short valve AND 400/500cc bottle can fit in the ambi stock which has a metal trigger guard but will NOT fit in the R2 stock-the one with no metal trigger guard or provision for fitting one only because the short bottle valve will not allow sufficient clearance for the shoulders of the 400cc bottle. It is however fine with the 280cc bottle. A block fitted with a regulator or fast flow valve will fit in all of the current Rapid stocks.
    I hope this is clear. For fitting older actions and stocks the guidance given in my original thread and updated should give the information needed.
    Last edited by Rapidnick; 04-02-2011 at 07:33 AM.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.