Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rapid stocks-which ones fit which actions?

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Bought a Theoben Mk. 1 laminated Field Target stock off here a while back with the intention of putting a Mk. 1 R7 17 action in it.
    Then discovered only an early action with the Gold Medal Trigger would fit.
    On a visit to Custom Stock (local to me) on another "mission" I happened to take the stock along and they kindly machined out the rear of the inletting to allow any Mk. 1 action to fit ! Early or Current.....Brill ! They also had to take a bit off the back of the trigger enclosure to allow the current trigger to move when pulled.
    Still not got round to doing anything with it though so I may "move it on" in time.

On the subject of "laquered finish", CS do put a sealing/laquer coating on their stocks but I'm not certain exactly what it is although I've seen them do it.

"B'rider"

When you say you cant fit an mfr stock to a rapid mk2 action without modding is that beacuse of the 400cc bottle? if im using a 280cc that should fit fine?

Quote Originally Posted by spready View Post
    When you say you cant fit an mfr stock to a rapid mk2 action without modding is that beacuse of the 400cc bottle? if im using a 280cc that should fit fine?
    Yes Ross you are fine with a 280cc bottle on a R2. The 400cc bottle will foul the fore-end wood of a standard MFR stock.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

the new mk1's fit mk2 stock without doing anything

Quote Originally Posted by airgun View Post
    the new mk1's fit mk2 stock without doing anything
    My original thread which was intended to be HELPFUL was posted BEFORE the 'new unified' Rapid block was in production. As you say the new blocks fit all stocks.
    Last edited by Rapidnick; 22-11-2010 at 08:14 AM.

UPDATE
    Since I started this thread Theoben have standardised the production of the Rapid. Now the blocks fitted to all of them are basically the same with the scalloped loading port and series 4 trigger with wide blade. The term Rapid 1 now applies to the standard Rapid block described above fitted with a short bottle valve and stock with a metal trigger guard. The legal limit Rapid 2 has a regulator and can be fitted in all of the current Rapid stocks. The FAC variants have longer barrels and either a fast flow valve or regulator which are the same length as each other and so again will fit in all of the modern stocks..
    A block fitted with the short valve AND 400/500cc bottle can fit in the ambi stock which has a metal trigger guard but will NOT fit in the R2 stock-the one with no metal trigger guard or provision for fitting one only because the short bottle valve will not allow sufficient clearance for the shoulders of the 400cc bottle. It is however fine with the 280cc bottle. A block fitted with a regulator or fast flow valve will fit in all of the current Rapid stocks.
    I hope this is clear. For fitting older actions and stocks the guidance given in my original thread and updated should give the information needed.
    Last edited by Rapidnick; 04-02-2011 at 07:33 AM.

thanks nick been a great help

My s type stock takes only minimum oil before excess needs removing so would say they are lacquered

Rapid stocks-which ones fit which actions?

ask kev g he knows so much about the theobens

kevG is offline Longest unaltered member...
    Quote Originally Posted by biglee1000 View Post
    ask kev g he knows so much about the theobens
    no I know jack $h!t lee m8 according to dave goodall
    not all series 4 trggers will fit all series 4 trigger stocks due to blade length,though that's easly sorted.
    kevG
    Last edited by kevG; 20-04-2014 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kevG View Post
    not all series 4 trggers will fit all series 4 trigger stocks due to blade length,though that's easly sorted.
    kevG
    If you know jack $hit then Lord help the rest of us!!!
    Kev is right as always-the later- wider- series 4 trigger blades are shorter but the older thinner ones just need a little bit of filing down to prevent them fouling the inside wood of the trigger guard.

russian sniper is offline 1982 Sausage roll and cider gargling regional finalist

Question

Just thought i'd ask: Will a 1993 MK1 with kevg regulator and charlie datuna trigger fit in a MFR stock using a 280cc bottle?

Cheers
    Daz

Quote Originally Posted by kevG View Post
    kevG

Not once have i said u no nothing i said u talk and after having having access to your admin as with many others for a good four years as well as the other rapid forum i left a good year ago i think ive got every right to say your nothing but a tax free buisness fleecing your members for after market parts what arnt needed be gratefull we left it there and informed spuddy of his incompitence in giving alot of lads admin rights instead of letting the likes of your so called honarry members like big al ect Know what your really think of them but think on about it if alot was copy and pasted wont you kev !

Quote Originally Posted by dave goodall View Post
    Not once have i said u no nothing i said u talk and after having having access to your admin as with many others for a good four years as well as the other rapid forum i left a good year ago i think ive got every right to say your nothing but a tax free buisness fleecing your members for after market parts what arnt needed be gratefull we left it there and informed spuddy of his incompitence in giving alot of lads admin rights instead of letting the likes of your so called honarry members like big al ect Know what your really think of them but think on about it if alot was copy and pasted wont you kev !
    I think someone need to use spell check. Also the lack of punctuation makes this post hard to read.

old mk1 block in an mfr stock, ok I did a couple of cosmetic mods and made a bigger trigger opening ( because I have fingers like a bunch of bananas and wear gloves) but with a little work all can be made to fit

Bb