Thread: Theoben Eliminator Scope

ringou Guest

Theoben Eliminator Scope

Dear All,

I have just registered with the aim of obtaining a solution to my problem(s). I want to thank members in advance for any advice given.

I own a '94 model (is it Mk2?Mk3? don't know) which came with the standard duraluminium 1" dampamounts. As they stand these mounts can take up to 45mm objective lenses.

My problem is that I own two VERY expensive scopes which have the following specifications:
    1) 10 x 42mm 30mm tube
    2) 10 x 50mm 1" tube

Obviously none is a perfect match for my mounts.

I soon realised that I could not fit 30mm mounts on the Eliminator (please correct me if wrong).

I therefore can either:

- for the 1" scope
    Purchase a set of universal 1 inch scope mount adaptors giving a clearance for up to 56mm objective lenses.
    my comment:
    * would prefer to do without the extra 6mm gap but will live with it if i have to.
    * what other possibilities do i have?
    * will the high mount adaptors be ok with the Eliminator's recoil?

- for the 30mm scope (the one i'd like to fit)
    No clue. Please advise, if possible.

Kind regards,
    NR

jackg Guest
    Theoben sell riser block for £17 which fit on the lower scope mount to give another 10mm of clearance.

Dampa mounts are only available in 1" size.

30mm two piece mounts are available for all the Gas rams (£45) but whether they are suitable for the Eliminator, you would have to check the scope mfr spec and maybe email theoben.

I am surprized that you cannot mount a 50mm scope on the standard mounts, maybe it is a PA one, adjustable objective, so larger bell end?

The products above are on their web site.
    www.theoben.co.uk

ringou Guest
    Thank you.

Indeed I am aware of your proposals.

As regards the adaptors my question is whether the recoil of the Eliminator will have any effect on them (ie loss of zero easier than without).

As regards the possible 30mm mounts installation, the manufactiurer says no without explaining why ?

Can anyone advise please.

Kind regards,

NR

jackg Guest
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ringou:
    Thank you.

Indeed I am aware of your proposals.

As regards the adaptors my question is whether the recoil of the Eliminator will have any effect on them (ie loss of zero easier than without).
    If by adaptors you mean Riser blocks then no difference to loss of zero if the scope is tightened properly
    As regards the possible 30mm mounts installation, the manufactiurer says no without explaining why ?

Can anyone advise please.

Probably because of lack of damping or insulation from the recoil
    Kind regards,

NR[/quote]

baz Guest
    I prefer to use inch tube scopes with 40-44mm front end on the Eliminator, a scope with decent build quality will be ok

I dislike high mounts on any gun

Baz

Baz High mounts

Baz
    If you do not like HIGH MOUNTS ON ANY AIRGUN.

DO NOT BUY A GUNPOWER RIFLE OR YOU WILL BE KISSING THE AIR BOTTLE.

SORRY, CAN NOT STAND POMPAS**********.

KISS

Adamj

verminhunter is offline The founder of the FAC .25 Big Boys Fan club
    You'll brake that 50mm scope in no time,no matter what mounts you put on this rifle.I was going to put a 50mm on my eliminator at first when I got the rifle but I was told not too as the recoil will do the scope in and this came from Mr Ben Taylor ,he told me to put a 44mm instead and thats about as far I was going to go,so I brought a 4-16x44 varmint 2,was on there for nearly 3years then I sold the rifle off with the scope,no problems there.