Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: David W Baines

TREV RYN is offline Has thee a raffle ticket yet flower?
    4 yrs today exactly got a luv him.
    check out emley moor ftc web site
    http://emleymoorftc.co.uk/EmleyChat.aspx

Here's to absent friends and good times.

Keith

well loves it feels like only yesterday since we lost the poor old beggar, 5 years tomorrow, still miss the old man , here's to you Dave

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Yep, pint raised in your honour, Mr B, oh! cherry picking tree hobbit!

Hope heavens got ladders!!!!!!!

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

5 years eh?

One of the men I respected most in the sport, straight speaking and true to his principles.

RIP Dave, hope there's trees up there

a glass duly raised in respect, rip Dave
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/
    Staffordshire Custom Rifles - Maverick & MTC Connect

Quote Originally Posted by Havelock Vetinari View Post
    Yep, pint raised in your honour, Mr B, oh! cherry picking tree hobbit!

Hope heavens got ladders!!!!!!!

Cheers.

Roy.
    I hope Heavens got a good supply of SPAM too. It's funny whenever I go out shopping and see a tin of spam I think of Dave. Never forget sittting at Newbury spaeaking with Him and Pauline while he was digging into a tin. All the best DWB. And I hope all the Lads and Gals up at NEFTA have a great Christmas. Neil.

Still remembering. Gary, Sammie and I had a long chat the other day, remembering the old days, when guys like Dave and Supermick were still around. They were good times. Must go and get a glass. Here's to them.

Keith

Steve Valentine Guest
    One of, if not the nicest blokes I've ever met, Dave wouldn't hesitate to help anyone. A true ambassador to the sport.

Hi guys. im Chris (david's eldest grandchild). not sure if any of you remember me but i went shooting with my grandad a number of times. its nice to read about how much of a friend, inspiration, help etc to some of you. He is deeply missed. Just can't believe it been nearly 6 years already. If he was still around he would now be a grandad of 10 and a great grandad of 2 as arose to 4 grandchildren that ue had before he passed away. he'll be up there looking down on us all and no doubt still taking my great grandma to Morrisons every Friday.. Hopefully looking to getting into the sport myself sometime in the future.

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris.RIP.dwb View Post
    Hi guys. im Chris (david's eldest grandchild). not sure if any of you remember me but i went shooting with my grandad a number of times. its nice to read about how much of a friend, inspiration, help etc to some of you. He is deeply missed. Just can't believe it been nearly 6 years already. If he was still around he would now be a grandad of 10 and a great grandad of 2 as arose to 4 grandchildren that ue had before he passed away. he'll be up there looking down on us all and no doubt still taking my great grandma to Morrisons every Friday.. Hopefully looking to getting into the sport myself sometime in the future.
    You are more than welcome here Chris.

ATVB.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

Dwb 6 years gone today

well another year has passed without dave, well we still miss you you bugger hope you are having a great time in the ft club in the sky.

I know what you mean, Trev. They were among the best of days. I remember travelling around the UK seeing Dave and you other guys when sometimes the SWEFTA guys like Nick, Kevin, Steve, and Sean were winning GPs, World Champs, and even the Inter-Regionals once. I wish I had hung onto the racks of silhouettes that Dave made me when I gave up the sport ...... they would have worked well in the garden! A glass will be raised again tonight.

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Road Runner View Post
    I know what you mean, Trev. They were among the best of days. I remember travelling around the UK seeing Dave and you other guys when sometimes the SWEFTA guys like Nick, Kevin, Steve, and Sean were winning GPs, World Champs, and even the Inter-Regionals once. I wish I had hung onto the racks of silhouettes that Dave made me when I gave up the sport ...... they would have worked well in the garden! A glass will be raised again tonight.

Keith
    RIP Dave.
    And somtimes getting there a week too soon
    Cheers
    Roy
    badgeroy
    And i'll answer to anything else.

If a politician told me he was lying i would'nt believe him.

Quote Originally Posted by badgeroy View Post
    RIP Dave.
    And somtimes getting there a week too soon
    Those results are still posted (click here)! - that was about the only way to get to a shoot before Dave!

Greetings to all the guys from the early days ..... and here's to our absent friends - Keith