Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: David W Baines

I was shocked to get a call about this a little earlier. I don't remember when I first met Dave, it was several years ago but I remember both him and Pauline as fixtures, so to speak, at the BFTA shoots and then at the UKAHFT shoots as well. He was a bridge across the two forms of our shooting sports and that was good. He will be remembered in SWEFTA and our Dartmoor Marksmen club for his input into the Grand Prix that we hosted this summer. He will be truly missed both as a good sportsman and as a good friend to us all. My condolences to Pauline and the family.

Keith

A sad loss

Condolences from NIFTA. A true gentleman who went out of his way to help others. Deepest sympathies for the family.
    NIFTA members.

GMF Guest
    I'm deeply shocked to here this sad news Dave was a true gent and my condolences go out to Pauline and his family at this terrible time

Glynn

J.C.R. Guest
    One Of The All Time Greats I Travelled With Dave When I First Started In The Sport He Was A Great Inspiration To Me And Lots More, One Of The Original Ft Shooters Sadly Missed,

John Richardson. ...

My condolences to Pauline and the family, Dave was a real "Mr. Nice Guy," who would mess in with everyone. A great loss to the sport.

Gus (on behalf of DMFTC.)
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.

corb.177 Guest
    Being new to the competition scene I only met Dave once at our round of the NEFTA HFT. He had a quick chat about me shooting my TX, and wished me luck as it was my first time.

My condolences to his family.

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    I'm stunned. My condolences to those close to him.
    Competetive airgun shooting will be an awful lot poorer without him.

Chris
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

chris semmens Guest

A sad loss

David Baines was a great man who i knew from the offset of my shooting career. As i grew to love the sport he would give me advice and was a welcoming and kind man. I will miss him and all the kind and friendly talks we had.

It wont be the same without you David.

Condolences from myself, my dad and my family go out to Pauline and the rest of her and Davids family.

Chris

baxterbasics Guest

Sad,sad news

I had the pleasure of Daves company at Lea Valley this year. Helpful and courteous and respected by all. What a sad loss.
    My condolences to his family

I never knew him nor met him to talk to, but there's no doubt he was a big 'face' in shooting.

How very sad.
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

jinx is offline Southern Hunter Champion.
    Condolences to the family, R.I.P dwb

I couldn't believe it when I heard, it still hasn't sunk in yet. To say I'm shocked and stunned is the understatement of the century.

RIP Dave

very sad

Very sad news this at any time of year but just before christmas. Is very hard time for the family and for following years to come.

Wishing pauline my condolences.

Dean
    Last edited by khamsin; 21-12-2006 at 07:27 PM.
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. Winston Churchill

I'm shocked and saddened. I met Mr Baines a few times at Redferms, he was kind and friendly man.
    R.I.P.

kieran turner is offline I GOT SHOT......IN THE BUTTOCKS
    Truly devastating news! Dave was an inspiration to us all and a true ambassador for the sport! You will be missed mate, god bless!

RIP

Dave Baines

Thanks Kieran and Adrian

Our thoughts are with his wife and family.