Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: David W Baines

JerryD is offline Will only use cherry lipbalm
    A Great man, sorely missed by all.

Deepest sympathies and condolences to his family from all at Hereward FT&ARC who had the pleasure of knowing such a wonderful gent.
    Jerry

One of the Best, will be missed by all those that have had the pleasure of meeting him, my condolences to Daves family.

I met David once at Redfearn. He came across as true gentleman who was only too keen to help.

I can honestly say that I am shocked and saddened at this terrible news.

My thoughts and condolences are with his family and close friends.

Cam

Acenorth. is offline Extreme Ironing World Record Holder.

R.I.P. Mr D W Baines (A True Gent)

Again, only just got to a PC after hearing this terrible news.

When Sparky told me last night I couldn't believe what he had told me, I was numb. I met Dave back in 2003 and he always had the time to talk and advise newcomers. He even offered to lend me his rifle for one of the rounds, this was after only just meeting me.

I held Dave in high esteem with his approach to air rifle shooting and his diplomacy in the shooting world. He will be missed and my condolences go out to Pauline and the family.

There is no good time to pass away but it always seems to be harder at Christmas.

As already mentioned, everytime I see a 45yard, 50 ft high target that I have to pull a muscle or 2 to shoot, I will be thinking of Mr Baines.

Deepest Sympathy

Ian Holmes
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    Don't assume anything.... It makes an ASS out of U and ME

Gutting news. Please pass on my families condolence's to Dave's family.
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

Can't believe this, truly saddened. Dave was a thoroughly decent man who did all he could to help others. A terrible loss to his family, his friends, and our sport.

R.I.P. Dave, you were one of the very best, mate.

A true Ambassador of our sport he will be sadly missed.......
    V-MACH, HW 95 / Venom AA Pro-Elite / V-MACH TX200 HC / SFS HW 99 SNIPE & IMP / URAGAN 2 / FX Impact / HW100 FSB / Daystate Wolverine R / FAC FX / Sako Finnfire / CZ Varmint / CZ American / CZ 512 / Ruger 10/22 / Browning Buckmark / Taurus LBR / Tikka T3X SV .223.

I never met Dave but I'm sure our paths crossed on the bbs. As a fellow airgunner I'd like to offer my sadness at Daves passing and add my condolences to Pauline and Daves family. Its particulary sad at this time of year.

Bob
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

BARPC

Basingstoke Air Rifle & Pistol Club. Founded 1975

Sad news indeed...

I have a special memory of David, arriving back at the Daystate Booth from the "underwater gun" episode, dripping wet with a lopsided grin on his face. It wasn't until later that we found out that he was not a good swimmer.

That was the essence of the man, always up for anything, helpful and full of his unique brand of dry humour.

Not only was he an excellent ambassador for our sport, but also an excellent person where it was a delight and a privilege to know him.

He will be sadly missed.

My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

David
    Last edited by David Snook; 22-12-2006 at 11:12 AM.

I never met David, but from what I've read he was some guy in this sport we all love.

I know it's never a good time to die but I think that at this time of year it's even harder for the families and friends.

My thoughts go to his family and friends.

Unhappy

Only just seen this and am absolutely left without words.

What frightful news.

I only spoke to him a few times and Dave was kind and helpful each and every time.

As has been said the thoughts of all of us are with his family at this awful time.

Rip Dave A True Gentleman

Very sad news to hear at this festive and family time of year. The sport as lost an ambassador and true father figure.

I spent only a season at Redfearns about 4 years ago and Dave would take time to explain on all things airgunning. Always placing an emphasis on safety and responsibility. Dave thank you for so much.

My thoughts and condolences at this sad time are with his family and close friends.

dave baines

What a shock.

A smashing guy who's help & advice was freely given, and who's HFT courses were legendary. You will leave someone a hard act to follow Dave. May you rest in peace.
    Logun mk2 carbine .22, Ripley elite Tench reg .177, AA S400 Ben Taylor reg .177, AA S200 10mtr .177.

What a tragic loss to the sport of Airgun shooting, to his family & loved ones. He was known all round the country for being one of the nicest, most knowledgable men you could hope to meet. At Redfearns this year he told me eveything that I needed to know about a scope I was thinking of buying in 1 minuite that would have taken ages to find out by myself. His reputation down here on the South coast was a strong as it was all over the country for those of us who have had the pleasure of shooting his courses. Whenever we see a really tall tree we think of Dave climbing up a 30 yard high ladder with a target in his hand & a big grin on his face.

My condolences to his wife & family in thier time of loss.
    “A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.”

Sad and shocking news

RIP Dave

My condolences to the family

R