Thread: American Sellers For A Scope Import

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I bought a camera from USA a couple of years ago and couldn't avoid the duty as Fed Ex paid it then sent me a bill - about £25 for a £350 camera, as I recall.
    There is also the fact that you'll have little or no comeback if things go wrong and the seller won't play ball.
    For these reasons, I think you would have to be making a considerable saving to make it worthwhile.

murph-e Guest
    Parcelforce charge £8 to £13 handling charge on top of the vat and duty now as I've had a few small sub £100, or just over, items posted to me recently and ended up paying £20 odd to thirty odd on top of the price which makes a lot of things as dear as UK prices. I have avoided paying anything a few other times in the past months when the parcels have been marked as scientific research but I doubt this would hold water when it came to rifle scopes unless the customs could be fooled into thinking they were some sort of scientific instrument.

purchased a few scopes from the states all from

http://www.arcadian-sales.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

spot on service and only had to pay the parcel farce handling charge (which strangely varies)
    cheers KW