Thread: Top FT Scope?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ETH is offline Something to do with airsoft or poker
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper-wolf View Post
    and now that the interest rate is so good, now is the time to buy. Neil.
    Can't argue with that -
    hope mine doesn't change with temp.

Why do people shout about Leups? Ive looked down quite a few and im not overly fussed. Temperature fluctuations means lack of faith, surely.

Buy a titanium tubed bushnell and spend the rest on lap dancers.

my custom shop shifts with temp, lucklily though its very predicable, so 3 temp strips across the end has seen my scores improve since fitting them. The problem was the scope would cool down from the car to the early morning zero session, and then rise as the day's temp rose...at ottmoor it saw a shift from 20 deg to 3 deg back up to 9 deg, which equated to 0 click offset, to 10 clicks, back to 7 clicks...but i could see that with the strips, so it wasnt a problem, where as it plagued me at the sywell GP and a number of other days where there was a shift during the shoot.

ETH is offline Something to do with airsoft or poker
    Quote Originally Posted by andy_scouser View Post
    Why do people shout about Leups? Ive looked down quite a few and im not overly fussed. Temperature fluctuations means lack of faith, surely.

Buy a titanium tubed bushnell and spend the rest on lap dancers.
    I can't believe I am going against spending money on lapdancers but I really love the sight picture leupolds give. I think it is a personal thing Andy - Just like I hate Mk3s and others swear by them.

rfarn - what are these temp strips you speak of?

http://www.thermometersdirect.co.uk/...__LCD__17.html

in the end i got all 3, cos i've shot at -4 (bisley nearly new 2005) and 35 degrees (newbury GP 2006)...

at £6, worth a play...

Quote Originally Posted by rfarn View Post
    http://www.thermometersdirect.co.uk/...__LCD__17.html

in the end i got all 3, cos i've shot at -4 (bisley nearly new 2005) and 35 degrees (newbury GP 2006)...

at £6, worth a play...
    What larf that was!!! First target I hit bang in the middle and it just sat there looking at me. Got a O. The bloke I was shooting round with hit it almost in the same spot. And the target didn't budge a mm. Called a marshall to have a look and the mechanism had frozen solid . We both got Xs

And for those on a budget don't be too quick to discount the Weaver T36. I took a gamble on one (ordered without even looking through one ) and have been impressed. Range finding is very consistent but hard work - you have to concentrate. The turrets are ace - very positive and loooaaads of clicks per turn. Good scope. Great scope for the money.

TARGETZERO is offline Birds just leave me...but they always come back

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ETH View Post
    I can't believe I am going against spending money on lapdancers but I really love the sight picture leupolds give. I think it is a personal thing Andy - Just like I hate Mk3s and others swear by them.

rfarn - what are these temp strips you speak of?
    get them from any chemist

the 20-5o is world ft class how many wins ????? proven scope ...

Upper Buggersdale, top of the Chevin near Leeds
    Quote Originally Posted by nice one View Post
    the 20-5o is world ft class how many wins ????? proven scope ...
    In skilled hands the 20-50 is indeed a wonderfull scope but for normal mortals like me they are just too variable. I had one for a year before the frustration of the change in range finding made me give up on it.
    They are not all as sensitive to temperature as each other and I have heard that some are not sensitive at all but I can only report on the ones that I have used and all of those were. Perhaps their owners just did not notice the change.

20-50's can be made better by adjusting the end lens...trying to make it max out at around 57-60 can deliver better snap...some snap better than others, with some its a case of picking out the detail, but the common thing with them i've heard is that they all need work learning.

I have the big nikko and it is very sensitive to the temperature.I was there thinking of buying the new FT SB. you believe than with the finished one that it brings and the construction of the viewfinder in if it was helping to that every day and in every situation the viewfinder changes the point of impact?

thanks
    ger

TARGETZERO is offline Birds just leave me...but they always come back
    are you drunk sir