Thread: El Gamo CFX Royal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Another edit in the review, after chrono today.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Silo Guest
    okay.... not too sure if this is a right place, but here's the after tune report
    I promised.

I got my CFX back from Rich last night, after he had done a custom tune on it for me.
    This is the sequence of events / things I saw upon opening the box:

1. Custom Muzzle break looks awesome.
    2. The carbon look on the barrel took me about 20 minutes to get used to, but I have to admit that now I like, it gives
    the rifle a “trick” look.
    3. It also looks a lot “cleaner” with the sites off.

Now for the stuff that matters:

1. The rifle cocks very smoothly. You cannot even begin to compare it to
    how it was before.
    2. The loading block, a lot improved here:
    a. It turns / rotates very easily and very smoothly now
    b. The pellets literally just “drop” into the barrel now too.
    c. I can immediately feel when the loading block catches a pellet now b
    because of how much easier it rotates.
    d. It no longer over-rotates, this is great. I never realized that it bugged
    me till it stopped doing it hehe!
    3. The trigger, it is super light now, took some getting used to not having to
    pull the "door spring". All it takes now is a gentle squeez....... like it
    should be.
    4. Did I mention how quite it is now

Rich this rifle is Awesome, thank you very much.

Roald.

PS I'll post pics of the rifle with the custom muzzle break... looks sweet!
    and the chrony results - it gained almost 100fps !

Hi Derek

I just ordered a CFX ROYAL from uttings based mainlyon your posts about it. Liked it when I first saw it online and your posts convinced me. Thansk, sure I will like the gun.

If you can pm me with details about the tune up and whatever else can be done to it I would be grateful. Read about the trigger unit etc , new to airguns really so do not have any experience tinkering with them. I think sending it to get all the work done is a good idea if the price is not too steep.

Rifle should arrive tomorrow morning sometime. Look forward to your pictures.

Gamo CFX

I bought a Hatsan Torpedo 150 yesterday and it has awsome power but when i was in the shop he showed me the cFX and i had already read up on both.
    So i used the Hatsan for a while yesterday and wenback to the shop and asked if i could swop for the CFX and he said try it first!
    Now i do like the power of the Hatsan but the accuracy is not as good as the Gamo.
    The Gamo is a lot lighter and easier to use and more accurate.
    I put 50 Gamo ts22 long range and some gamo pro magnums through the gun and it felt great
    As i only want a gun to mess around with it of target etc i went back to the shop and gave him 80 levs extra for the swop.
    and they warned me when i bought the Hatsan it will not take a cheap scope as it will shake it to bits.

As for this trigger being a problem i found it all quite smooth, I dont know if its been modified in the last year.
    I found the gun to easy to load, easy to cock and i like the safety on the trigger.
    I am a bit restricted on pellet choice here in Bulgaria as it mostly gamo , but theres quite a range so i will try them out.
    What scope to buy i dont know any thoughts?