Quote Originally Posted by derekm View Post
I did this to my Baikal pistol and it did improve matters somewhat, but as Cinstone pointed out in his Shadow review, it may not last too long.

To do the job properly I would unreservedly recommend the thrust bearing, top hat and spring guide from Rich from Mich (link in 1st post) along with his trigger modification. Total cost incl. mail is $52. (ask Rich to put "parts $12 on the customs slip) You really will think you are using a different gun and I would guess that with a de-burr and regrease while dismantled, you will finish up topside of 18fpe with no further mods. If you want (and can legally have) more power, get Rich to supply a better spring too. Prices on his website.
Thanks for the input. I appreciate that it would be a short term mod and will do the full job in due course. I make all my own parts for this and am contemplating a brass top hat and Nylatron spring guide. I am limited by the Spanish laws while here in Spain but do not need more than 18ft/lb. I already have my own trigger mod which gives a genuine two stage action with a crisp 2lb trigger pull but it is a bit time consuming to install. The original is currently in UK on a Realtree Hunter and I have the Spanish Realtree Hunter here waiting some more tuning - .25 calibre with 18ft/lb!