Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: El Gamo CFX Royal

Hi Derek

I just ordered a CFX ROYAL from uttings based mainlyon your posts about it. Liked it when I first saw it online and your posts convinced me. Thansk, sure I will like the gun.

If you can pm me with details about the tune up and whatever else can be done to it I would be grateful. Read about the trigger unit etc , new to airguns really so do not have any experience tinkering with them. I think sending it to get all the work done is a good idea if the price is not too steep.

Rifle should arrive tomorrow morning sometime. Look forward to your pictures.

Gamo CFX

I bought a Hatsan Torpedo 150 yesterday and it has awsome power but when i was in the shop he showed me the cFX and i had already read up on both.
    So i used the Hatsan for a while yesterday and wenback to the shop and asked if i could swop for the CFX and he said try it first!
    Now i do like the power of the Hatsan but the accuracy is not as good as the Gamo.
    The Gamo is a lot lighter and easier to use and more accurate.
    I put 50 Gamo ts22 long range and some gamo pro magnums through the gun and it felt great
    As i only want a gun to mess around with it of target etc i went back to the shop and gave him 80 levs extra for the swop.
    and they warned me when i bought the Hatsan it will not take a cheap scope as it will shake it to bits.

As for this trigger being a problem i found it all quite smooth, I dont know if its been modified in the last year.
    I found the gun to easy to load, easy to cock and i like the safety on the trigger.
    I am a bit restricted on pellet choice here in Bulgaria as it mostly gamo , but theres quite a range so i will try them out.
    What scope to buy i dont know any thoughts?