Thread: FWB P70 FT Scope Mount

FWB P70 FT Scope Mount

Just thought that some of You P70FT owners might like to see the use of a BKL mount for the rifle. Only one bad point. The mount has to be worked on to make it possible to slide onto the barrel dove tail. But that only takes about 5 minutes of sand paper work... After this there is no zero shift due to scope mount movements..

Sorry that the picture isn't any better...

here

The scope is a Leupold 6.5*20*40 EFR and using low rings. These rings will be replaced by medium high ones as it suits the BC better (FAC - zero 1 at about 10 meters, zero 2 at 55 meters and only 4cm to top of trajectory from line of sight)
    BKLTech here
    I'm a programmer and I'm OK, I work all night and I work all day...

BKL make good mounts, unfortunately the rifle manufacturers dovetails are all different. Thre is even a difference with the dovetail on the barrel sleeve and the silver receiver.
    Sorted the power yet Michael- washers every where

Quote Originally Posted by hareng View Post
    BKL make good mounts, unfortunately the rifle manufacturers dovetails are all different. Thre is even a difference with the dovetail on the barrel sleeve and the silver receiver.
    Sorted the power yet Michael- washers every where
    So I have erhhh noticed. But that is sorted now.

After a zillion test shots the rifle now shoots about 920 fps with JSB Exacts and approximately 60fps less with JSB Heavy and Barracudas.

I think that this is the level I'll settle with. If I want more power I'll just have to switch to my 6.5x55 centerfire...
    I'm a programmer and I'm OK, I work all night and I work all day...

This is interesting. I have just started shooting a P70 and have had a little zero shift,. I put this down to the old Custom Shop scope. It may not be that after all.
    Dose anyone make a bridge mount similar to the Pro Target one with a little droop compensaion built in to keep the scope opticaly centered.

As my pics can confirm in next thread (Streetfighter) :

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/show...ighlight=p70ft

Jon (Hareng) made some beautifull mount-raisers for my P70...

Gr.
    Marc
    FWB P70ft, 700-stock, Big Nikko 10-50x60