Thread: Bsa Superten

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hello Jamie

When i got my Superten from Sandwell, the guy there likes to re lube the bolt which made it much smoother. After Mr Bowkett had fettled it then it was even smoother.

You dont have to turn the bolt down after pulling it back but its a useful check to make sure it came back far enough. I never bother too any more.
    (Edit - I checked this with BSA. The back slot is more to aid magazine removal and to make sure you pulled the bolt back far enough.
    Thats because of the deadlock gismo which is incase the bolt slips out of your hand when cocking it preventing the gun from going off half cocked so to speak)

As the others said the multishot is a advantageous when hunting at night.
    Its also useful in the daylight when so little movement is required to reload that you can sometimes get a second rabbit feeding near the first.

Out of curiousity what pellets does it prefer ?
    Last edited by Ric O'shay; 08-02-2007 at 07:21 AM.
    BSA Superten BBK (Blueprinted), BSA Ultra SS Regged, Tanfoglio Witness, Umarex 1911
    and many, many bows and slingshots

can you tell me what Mr bowkett did and how much and what kind of diff it made, i tried logun penotrators, accupells but the H&N field target trophy were the most consistant at the weekend

Unfortunately, the latest version does require that the bolt is turned down when pulled back. I was told this was to satisfy an American market requirement. It's not a huge problem really and remains pretty easy to operate. It's just that, at this price, I think I have a right to expect 'slick and perfect'!
    So far only shot Bisley pellets (as recommended by the seller), but I will be testing a range of different brands for power consistency and accuracy in near future so will post findings then.

I love my MkII S10 BB Carbine. The bolt on mine was quite stiff and graunchy, but John Bowkett sorted that out when he did the blue-printing.

Mine groups well with Daystate 4.52mm pellets, although some BSA barrels seem to like Bisley Magnums.

I'm saving up at the moment to get a MkIII stock, which to my eye is much nicer than the one on my MkII.

Guess I must be old fashioned. I could accept a graunchy bolt on a £60 XS78, but for £500+ the gun should be perfect and already blueprinted IMO.
    Around £200 or less, you may need to make allowances. Over that, you shouldn't need to.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

iv'e just got a mk3 bull barrel for my son to shoot i had a mk2 a few years ago and it was a pile of poo but the mk3 is so much better just hope my boy will like it

rixsta Guest

Thumbs down s10

i have a mk2 s10 and its not a pile of poo in fact bsa assured me the only difference is the stok on the mk3.i do agree though the mk2 stock is ugly but that can be changed.and about the deadlock is there any way of removing it?id like to go up back forward with the bolt?AND thanx for the review