Thread: I dont suppose that.....

jmunkyshaffer Guest

I dont suppose that.....

hi y'all,
    At the moment im shooting a HW40 PCA at about 10-20m and i just wondered wether is is possible to fit some kind of shoulder stock to it and if anyone has managed to do so.
    Cheeers,
    Simon

michaeladkins Guest
    Hello Simon and welcome to the BBS.
    Cannot answer your question im afraid, BUT im sure somone on here will be able to help (given time that is!!)

Michael

fullmetaljacket Guest
    Hi and welcome to the board.

A shoulder stock is an easy item to manufacture yourself with basic DIY skills and tools. The problem you might find with the HW40 is actually attaching the stock.

I've made several for my HW45, using the four screws that normally hold the grips to attach them. With no obvious attachment points on the HW40, you might be able to manufacture one that clamps to the top of the grip.

One thing to be aware of is that the stock will shift the pistols balance completely therefore the fall of shot will change considerably. Thus it might be a good idea to incorporate some form of adjustable weights. You could also fit a red dot sight that will be much easier to use and adapt to than open sights.

jmunkyshaffer Guest
    Cheers,
    I might look into that
    Im not using open sights at the moment but a pistol scope instead so it should be ok

RichardH Guest
    If you've fitted a pistol scope and then fit a shoulder stock the eye relief will then be way to short.

Pistol scope eye relief - 22"

Rifle scope eye relief - 4"

Hence if you fit a shoulder stock you will need to swap the scope for one designed for a rifle.

This is why red dots are more convenient for detachable stocks, the eye relief is normally completely irrelevant

HTH

Rich

jmunkyshaffer Guest
    Ahh, i didn't think of that one
    However I have got a half decent red dot sight that i can mount on it.