Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So What do you deem to be collectable?

So What do you deem to be collectable?

As Title

What's yours?

As you probably know mine is the Air-Arms / Sussex Armoury Jackal range.

What one's do collect or would like to collect?

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

I suppose anything thats been out of production a while could be deemed collectable, not only old guns really as one that is pretty modern is the Pro elite which I would say is definately entering collectable description, as are your you Sussex Armoury military style rifles, early AA to such as Carmargue and the like

BSFs are another fine example, and Roger on here has an impressive collection along with an impressive knowledge about them should someone need some

Then theres I.Js era such as Pattern Ds, and BTDT has a fine collection of ball chamber pump ups from the 1700s which he regularly takes out Rabbititng

Baz
    Last edited by baz; 05-02-2007 at 02:29 PM.
    Baz

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/

So What Do You Deem To Be Collectable?

Anything I own (especially if Im selling it! )

Great idea for a new section.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by baz View Post
    and DTDT has a fine collection of ball chamber pump ups from the 1700s which he regularly takes out Rabbititng

Baz
    PLEASE dont tell me BTDT has a twin!

ATB
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    PLEASE dont tell me BTDT has a twin!

ATB
    Ian
    Oops cold fingers
    Baz

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/

I started collecting by accident, My interest was hunting and I wanted the best / most accurate and powerful rifle.

So I went from Airsporter through BSF, FWB, HW, Original to AA.

Another modern classic has to be the AA TX 200 SR (I have a mk1 and a mk2)

Took me a long time to go PCP too, but have never regretted it but still keep springers along with Rapids, Ripleys, AA410, PT, Daystates etc.

My collection sort of grew organically, I never sat down and thought 'I'll concentrate on one marque.

Personally I dont think you can put an age on a 'collectable'. Ive had brand new guns (Merlyn LE left handed blue stock) that are instantly collectable. Perhaps a collectable is something that someone else wants, new or old, but cant be bought over the counter.

ATB
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by BSFNUT View Post
    I started collecting by accident, My interest was hunting and I wanted the best / most accurate and powerful rifle.

So I went from Airsporter through BSF, FWB, HW, Original to AA.

Another modern classic has to be the AA TX 200 SR (I have a mk1 and a mk2)

Took me a long time to go PCP too, but have never regretted it but still keep springers along with Rapids, Ripleys, AA410, PT, Daystates etc.

My collection sort of grew organically, I never sat down and thought 'I'll concentrate on one marque.
    Neither did I until I found this site. I had the one Air-Arms (Jackal)Firepower (amonst other airguns). Within a year I brought 5 Jackals & a Jackal stock.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

I collect what I would deem 'classic' FT rifles, setting myself rough datelines from about 1985 to 1998, excluding the alloy stocked 10m conversions.

Using this old kit is a bit of an eye opener, most of it is just as good as the current gear but gets looked down on because it isn't the 'in thing'.

I got back into rabbit shooting with my old Mercury after a lay off which must run to twenty five years. It still does the business and it's so light to carry it's refreshing. Trouble is, the new pcps are just too good not to use in the field. Missing is rare these days I'm glad to say.

Couldn't call it a collectable really, but it's as close as I can get and my son loves it
    Daystate Merlyn "probably the most beautiful air rifle in the world"
    Beretta Silver Pigeon SC "a whole new game"

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    Nice to see the new section.
    As to what is deemed collectable, just about anything! God knows why someone would want a collection of AA S4*0s but if that's what floats your boat then so be it!
    I still don't consider myself a collector although I am amassing a few interesting (to me anyway!) bits and bobs. Generally I go for British stuff in .177 only (I'd take .25s if I ever came across them in good nick), which often makes things more difficult for me. Age is no particular descriminator for me be it a year old or fifty I'm not fussed, I'm more keen on the condition and them being relatively unusual due to the calibre and/or condition. I'm not keen on non-standard stuff or non-original manufacturer accessories. The newest rifle I have got just for the sake of it, i.e. serves no real function as a hunter or competition rifle, is a Birmingham Webley Xocet and the oldest a Webley MKIII. There's a couple of BSAs,Superstar and RB2 Airsporter an Air Arms Pro-Elite and a Theoben Sirocco Grand Prix in between. I'm no real fan of pistols but I do have a boxed BSA 240 Magnum lurking too. I'm also a sucker for putting period optics on them rather than the very latest. I particularly like some of the older Nikko scopes and the Japanese Tascos can be stunning.
    I've just picked up a Nikko 3-9x40 MRE mainly for the novelty value. It's supposed to have pretty good optics and choosing the different reticles will be interesting although I doubt if it will be genuinely useful. God knows what I'm going to put it on!
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

What ever is of interest to the individual is deemed as collectable. As you can see from my sig i like Webleys the reason for this is i could not afford them in there day so plenty of lost time to catch up on. They still perform well especialy the Vulcan which is now putting out 11.8ftlbs only problem is you need three fingers to pull the trigger !! . The Osprey is at present in kit form having a full makeover, internaly and externaly. All my guns are used on a regular basis and it gives me great satisfaction to achieve the same results in the field with a thirty year old rifle as i do with a top of the line pcp.

Cant resist a nice Webley senior or blued Premier

Smile

for me a collectable is any airgun i dreamed of having as a youngster and could not afford. still looking for a bsa bucaneer .22 and a bsa airsporter stutzen .22, mind you who isn`t, wooly.
    bsa tech star .22, sumartra 2500 .22, falcon raptor .22, tech force 99 .22 hw 35E .177, hw 80 .22, hw 80 .177 rws 350 magnum .22 hw 45 .22 hw 70 .177

Quote Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post

....I still don't consider myself a collector .

Its named after a large river in Egypt.

ATB
    Ian