Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bsa Mercury "S" .177 in walnut

Hiya Nik,
    can you confirm that the rifle is complete as per its original form? i only ask as in one of your previous posts you said it had been rebarrelled to .22

if you would be willing to post this rifle (in .25 form) for the 250.00 then i will take it, pending the photographs. i've pm'd you with my email address.

Many many thanks to you Gareth, both for the heads up and for the VERY kind offer. i will see how Nik would like payment, then i may take you up on the offer. thanks again buddy!

im going to start calling dave the ''ironmonger''

Ha Ha, to be honest i've been on the lookout for a Cobra Strike or a 635 magnum for a while. if this one is as nice as the price suggests then it should be a beauty. i have a few guns that i need to sell too, but i wont get chance to sell them til i'm home more often next year. just on lookout for a venom HW35, a jackal 'combat' and a sharp victory now....(hope none of them come along too soon, i've spent too much lately. although having said that, i would like a venom HW35, and i could always sell an organ....)
    Last edited by daveuk; 06-11-2007 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by daveuk View Post
    i would like a venom HW35, and i could always sell an organ....)
    Target Sports had one in a few weeks ago. Now maybe ......

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Target Sports had one in a few weeks ago. Now maybe ......

ATB
    Ian
    i've actually got a day off tomorrow so it looks like Target will be getting a call in the morning. i could have trouble sleeping tonight..

Unfortunately the venom HW35 was sold about a month ago. could be a while before i see another but like i said, i SHOULD be watching the pennies....
    Last edited by daveuk; 07-11-2007 at 09:02 PM.

Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    No longer looking as have now found one . This is still an interesting thread to read however, and for those of you who have been following this, please read post #26 for the "happy ever after" ending .

What chance of finding a BSA Mercury "S" (chequered and walnut stock) in.177 in V.G.C., and how much do you think one would/should cost?

Any chance of a few piccies of your latest acquisition Gareth, we are interested you know .
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayling View Post
    Any chance of a few piccies of your latest acquisition Gareth, we are interested you know .
    Hi Grayling,

Blimey, the edit date of the above quote was last February ... Have had three lovely Mercury-S .177 rifles since then, one in a deep ruby-red American walnut, one in a very light British blonde walnut, and one in the mid-brown Turkish tan walnut that BSA favoured so much. Have since moved all three on however, along with the three Airsporter-S .22 rifles which I acquired to match/complement them. Sold them on, as I just couldn't decide which pair to keep, and so went for a clean sweep and have settled for a traditional light beech standard vgc Mercury MkII (1977 model) in .177, and a similar matching light beech near-mint Airsporter MkV (1973 model) in .22 for my collection instead ... And guess what? Following a computer glitch I have no photos of any of them any more, although BBS member Troubledshooter may still have a couple of copies as I sent him some at that time that he may still have stored. Atb: Gareth.
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 18-11-2007 at 05:08 PM. Reason: to ad that Troubledshooter may still have a copy of one of my Mercury-S photos?

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Hi Grayling,

Blimey, the edit date of the above quote was last February ... Have had three lovely Mercury-S .177 rifles since then, one in a deep ruby-red American walnut, one in a very light British blonde walnut, and one in the mid-brown Turkish tan walnut that BSA favoured so much. Have since moved all three on however, along with the three Airsporter-S .22 rifles which I acquired to match/complement them. Sold them on, as I just couldn't decide which pair to keep, and so went for a clean sweep and have settled for a traditional light beech standard vgc Mercury MkII (1977 model) in .177, and a similar matching light beech near-mint Airsporter MkV (1973 model) in .22 for my collection instead ... And guess what? Following a computer glitch I have no photos of any of them any more, although BBS member Troubledshooter may still have a couple of copies as I sent him some at that time that he may still have stored. Atb: Gareth.
    Sad that Gareth , my good buddy DaveUK as got me into the older air rifles. Bearing in mind I am vintage myself and most of my rifles fall into the same catergory, them being new when I first bought them. I have never even seen either of those rifles in the flesh so to speak, the Mercury-S or the Airsporter-S. My only reference being old air gun mags. I hope to rectify this in the near future. I think I'll be a more frequent visitor on this section from now on and it's all that young whippersnappers fault DaveUK . Cheers Gareth
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops

Unhappy i want one

hi does anybody know how many mercury s bsa sold as ive been looking for one for what seems years and have never seen one for sale yet but im still looking
    if u live life on the edge then your taking up to much room

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by stuart View Post
    hi does anybody know how many mercury s bsa sold as ive been looking for one for what seems years and have never seen one for sale yet but im still looking
    Hi Stuart, there have been three Mercury-S .177 rifles and a couple in .22 for sale on here in the last eight months for sure so they do come up and are out there . Try posting a WANTED advert in this section. I did and ended up with three as stated above : G.W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.