Thread: fancy a connect 01

fancy a connect 01

I need to take my bushnell elite 4200 off one of my fac rapids (need it on a center fire) now I have some lower quality scopes handy but fancy putting one of the new connect 01 scopes on, so could anyone give me some user opinions,I know of the fact that "it may not be for everyone" but whats it like wher it matters out in the field, sorting thumper and his mates.
    cheers KW

digitaldwarf is offline A big boy did it and he ran away!
    i have used the connect for all of last season (hft) and it suited me fine for all distances from 15 to 45 yards
    unfortunatly the holdover bellow that was horendous at 8 yards it was 5 mil dots
    at 10 it was 2 mil dots
    however for normal hunting distances it would be more than acceptable .
    In damp weather the eye peice steams up and will need some anti fog stuff on it .
    Head position was easily acheived in all three positions and i found that resting my lower jaw bone on the cheek peice of my mk3s gave me the ideal eye position

there are a couple of other reviews on this section with some more info

in the mean time hope this helps

neil
    DONT BEAM ME UP SCOTTY I'M HAVING A CR__.__..._......

i did try the Connect on my MFR but had a spot of bother mounting it due to the shape of the action block.
    to get the Connect flush with my eye i had to remove my scope rail adapter and screw it into the action using one screw,leaving the adapter hanging over the rear of the action about 3 inches then attach the connect! not pretty

i think i still have pics so i'll forward them to your e-mail addy.
    sure this could be overcome with a longer piece of rail in one piece securely screwed in the normal places and left overhanging, and it would be worth the hassle as the Connect is a cracking scope

atb simon.
    Theoben Fenman .22

thanks for the replies much appreciated, my guns zero is @ 45 yards and my normal shooting is probably within 25 to 65 yards so it sounds like it may be ok, a little concerned to the fogging as most of my shooting is done at night, but I may give one a go or should I simply go for a viper? the jurys out!
    cheers KW

Gary C Guest
    Give us a yell mate we'll send you a connect to try if you pay postage

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    Give us a yell mate we'll send you a connect to try if you pay postage
    Perfect, absolutely ideal, will contact you re the connect
    many thanks KW