Thread: Steyr LG100 Hunter

Robert Convery Guest

Steyr LG100 Hunter

Can anyone tell me if it has a folding stock?

Any reviews from owners would help

[img]/GunImages/03/0308/03082/030829172306710/030829172306710-1.jpg[/img]

Rob

rich Guest
    I handled one last Sunday and put perhaps half a dozen shots through it, so I'm not really able to give a proper review.

However initial impressions were very favourable. The weight and the balance were very good. Trigger is excellent as you would expect.

Accuracy, I put all my shots within half an inch at 25 yards on a gusty day, off the bench.

The cocking sidelever, just need to make sure you pull it back all the way. The first part of the movement opens the breech but it needs just another half inch or so to cock the hammer and it was easy to miss that.

Loading the pellet into the breech is a bit of a knack, at least it wasn't easy on a cold day with fingers going numb.

Regarding the stock, no it didn't occur to me that it folded. It's an ambi stock so it will have the usual pro's and con's of all ambi stocks.

Try one if you can. It's a gun I would like to spend more time trying out.

rgds

Rich

Robert Convery Guest
    Thanks for the info

I would love to try one, but none of the local shops stock such high end kit.

Rob

corkscrew Guest
    give blackpool air rifles a ring . they will tell you.
    if its like my ft model the stock will unclip from the action.

there were some threads on this rifle last summer so do a search.

yes u can remove the stock for transport ive just seen it on the steyr site.
    go there and select the high power model and download the pdf file,
    http://www.steyr-sportwaffen.com/en/index2.html

jonh Guest
    How much does the Steyr Hunter cost?

Robert Convery Guest
    They cost £825 unless someone on here knows where to get one cheaper?

Rob

NeilM Guest
    I have one for review at present. I also wrote a review last year of the FT version, and won the SWEFTA winter league A grade last year with an LG100FT.

Right, bullshine over.

NO it does not have a removable stock. in the picture you posted, you will notice a cresent shaped rubber plug, at the back of the action. This is where the lever sits on the FT version, for removing the rear section of the stock.

It is a nice gun, but could do with at least an inch higher cheek piece. The stock is wood ( oh yes it is), and very light. This makes the gun a bit nose heavy. You cannot get a silencer for it, but Mendip Shooting Ground are working on adaptors, to fit a standard screw thread silencer on.

Mendip also have two hunters in stock at present, 01749 673471, open Tues to Sunday. Sorry if this sounds like a plug, but Vern at MSG regularily lends me rifles for review, so it's the least I can do. Give him a ring, and see if you can stike a deal. Also not too far from you in Herefordshire, you could always pop across the bridge,and try one.

It is a very accurate little gun, and will accept a good cross section of pellets, from Air Arms, to Accupels. I like it, and I am enjoying shooting it. Have to give it back soon...shame.

Hope this helps,
    Neil