Thread: Hawke 3-9x40.

Hawke 3-9x40.

What a load of pants. My mate just bought a gun with one on. Absolutely impossible to get a clear sight picture. Must be parallaxed for 500yds. Reticle moves when mag is adjusted. Don't know how they have the cheek to ask people to actually part with money for it. Ok, it's a budget scope, but surely there is a limit on how dross owt can be?

Ideot Savant Guest
    A fixed mag Hawke is a safer bet at the bottom end of the market, the 6x40MAP was actually pretty good while the 3-9x50 hawke i had was pretty poor
    AGS seem to be able to make budget zoom scopes that work reasonably well, like the saphire 3-9x40 mildot, really good value.

I bought an aas400 combo second hand fitted with an AGS 3-9x40 saphire
    it seemed ok until i took it to the ukhft round at quarry last year,
    & anyone who went would know it p*ss*d down.!!
    after half a hour checking the zero i went to re fill the rifle only to find
    the scope had misted up inside!!
    i was struffed i had to shoot my round with it as best i could.
    still i managed a 47points ex 60.
    its now with a mate who is going to fit a custom reticle & re-gas it!
    idris.

still dreaming of a clear round!
    some day!!!

TX200mkIII (.22) - Hawke 3-9x40 reflex
    AA s400 (.177) - bushnell elite 4-12x40

Quarry hunters HFT

Quote Originally Posted by TROUSER TRUMPET View Post
    What a load of pants. My mate just bought a gun with one on. Absolutely impossible to get a clear sight picture. Must be parallaxed for 500yds. Reticle moves when mag is adjusted. Don't know how they have the cheek to ask people to actually part with money for it. Ok, it's a budget scope, but surely there is a limit on how dross owt can be?
    hi thee mate i have hawke hd 3-9 by 50 and are spot on no prblems what so ever, love them good scope good buy 4 29 quid posted brand new
    as trhey are noe 60 quid plus