Thread: MTC Viper 3-12x44

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    baxterbasics Guest

So dave,

Don`t sit on the fence,do you like this scope or not??

Dave

Did you use the mounts supplied? Are they OK.

Yup, on an HW100 & a Falcon, no zero shift and fitted a treat. Wouldn't use them on a springer though.
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

Got mine a couple of weks ago. The ret is absolutely superb; as is the illumination. But I have had a few problems getting a zero. The click values seem inconsistent. One click will move it a tiny amount, another the same and then the next click and the POI moves 4 or 5mm at 30 yards. I'm just hoping that once its all settled in and zeroed that the zero holds.

The Viper also seems to be very sensitive to head position - with a just over 25 yard parallax setting, the error that can be acheived at 45 is quite substantial.

I'll stick with it and see how it works out as the ret is too good to give up, but if it doesn't work out I'll go back to a Lightstream .

Mine is my first expensive optic. - Expensive being over £100, I'm a student

I've found the optics superb - Nice and bright, Similar to my Simmons WTC.
    The reticle has been useful to, the aim points all seem to work well for .177 hold over.

The extras were nice, as mentioned by Dave the covers were marked but its no big deal to me. The sunshades in use and pretty good and the side wheel is nice and solid. The mounts were rubbish on a springer though, due to the lack of an arrestor pin - But what do you expect?

The build quality feels great, one of the only scopes I've ever held I'd trust to be able to club someone with and still shoot straight.
    Its held up with 1000 shots through the Prosport too. - Which brings me to a question, Davestate, why would you not use one on a springer?

I love the scope, no gripes with it so far, and unless something at about the same price takes my fancy beforehand, I'll be putting one on my next gun.
    Theoben Evo carbine .20
    RWS Mod 225 .177

It's the mounts that I wouldn't use on a springer.
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

Oh well, I certainly wouldn't recommend that either.
    Since, hypothetically, they could become so loose the whole scope slips backwards and ****s you in the face upon firing.
    I certainly didn't happen to me, its all hypothetical.
    Theoben Evo carbine .20
    RWS Mod 225 .177