Thread: MTC Viper 3-12x44

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The mounts are fine on a springer if you drill a hole in one and tap it for a grubscrew (get someone else to do it if you aint got the tools) then sit mount over AA or HW recoil stud hole and adjust grubscrew to sit in hole

It the mount wont tighten enough remove around 1mm from the fixed side

My 3-12x44 has been on two springers, one FAC, no problems

If you dont feel confident to do the mods I described buy a set of Sportsmatch off JSR, lets face it the mounts were free anyway IMO especially considering the price of such excellent optics

Baz
    Baz

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/

On ma dirt farm near Dudley in the Westmidlands.

Exclamation

Had another look at these in last Saturday,was very impressed and will be getting one for sure!

Just stuck one of these babies on my BTAS HFT400 and it look the dog danglies.

Cracking Scope can't wait to zero it.
    Maverick
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

Persistence is the twin sister of excellence. One is a matter of quality; the other, a matter of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Just stuck one of these babies on my BTAS HFT400 and it look the dog danglies.

Cracking Scope can't wait to zero it.
    And now another for my MFR

Dam you Gary and Sammie
    Last edited by Maverick; 21-04-2007 at 11:24 AM.
    Maverick
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

Persistence is the twin sister of excellence. One is a matter of quality; the other, a matter of time.

Finally got round to mounting my 3-12x44 on my MFR and it's a perfect fit using Theoben's 30mm mounts. Must get down the tunnel to get it zeroed.

Jonathan

can someone comment on the optics at high mag. And anyone out there used one in low light along side say a leupold or a bushnell

cheers,

NICK

Gary C Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dunganick View Post
    can someone comment on the optics at high mag. And anyone out there used one in low light along side say a leupold or a bushnell

cheers,

NICK
    One of the Mods on here lives close to you and has a couple on his riflles. he has Leups and Bushnells - perhaps pay Baz a visit

I have just bought one, then shot a friendly at Ford!!
    Did well even though i was worried using a new scope for a comp!
    My personal opinions are, Flip ups were showing ally on edges and will obviously get worse, answer buy butlers!, Not over keen on big "military" style turrets, but getting used to them!, The mounts may be cheap? But they are actually good quality, more than that the actual male "Grip" that goes in the dovetail is one of the best i have seen fits my protarget better than any other mount...and i have tried a few "Very fine dovetail groove".
    The optics are very good, not quite as good as a lightstream, but they take some beating!
    The ret although quite busy is really useful if you aim off a mill dot or two, it is easy to correlate with the hold over or under because of the long stadia's!
    In all a really nice scope for HFT or anything come to that, like it so much
    I have ordered the fixed 10x!! Lovely scope!
    Last edited by blackscale; 09-04-2007 at 08:56 AM. Reason: atroshus spelling lol
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by dunganick View Post

cheers,

NICK
    Hi m8, I do 50% of my hunting in low light. I am so impressed by these scopes I have just purchased another one. I compared my 4-16x50 viper with my m8's 6-24x56 Optima which is an excellent scope in it's own rights with Jap optics, and it is easily as good as this. The MTC scope gets full marks from me in all departments i.e. value for money, looks, ease of use, low light capability, optical quality the list goes on for the money the MTC range is superb.

mtc

Do you hunt with the viper i like the ill ret at first light and dusk do you know if
    its will go with my Merlin cobra night vis. how is the parx.

Gary C Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hagar View Post
    Do you hunt with the viper i like the ill ret at first light and dusk do you know if
    Check with Baldie on here mate

Nowhere near Stowmarket Suffolk thank god
    Quote Originally Posted by hagar View Post
    I use one and it works a treat mate

crazywabbit Guest

Thumbs up bye bye Seben

Just got my MTC 3-12X44 - WOW! what a difference!

Many thanks for the advise Gary and thanks again to Sammie. Top rate service!

{add edit I had a total noob moment >> get this when you slacken off the turrets the sleeves can also slacken and as result can spin this is a feature and allows you to reset points to your current Zero. Phew i thought i had broken it with delicate little stubby spade like fingers LOL {end edit

cheers
    Last edited by crazywabbit; 24-07-2007 at 08:09 PM. Reason: save spamming :)

Mamba....

Gary,
    Do you know when the Mamba's are coming, been waiting for Nickpan to get his pet shop paws on one for me for months now?
    Mark