Thread: New Scope Advice .

New Scope Advice .

Got £200 budget for a scope to go on top of my .22 s400 at present I have a 4-16-50 ags Vipir on it which is quite good. I do a lot of dawn and dusk hunting and was considering dabbling in HFT this year any suggestions welcome for a multi purpose scope. I have been thinking about either the MTC 3-12x44 (do the mounts that come with this scope fit the s400 rail?) or the Merlin 4-14x56.

Gary C Guest
    Mounts you get in the box won't fit but we can replace them if contacted

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    Mounts you get in the box won't fit but we can replace them if contacted
    Hi Gary, well I read all the reviews and I bought a MTC Viper 4-16x50 from D J Litt's this morning and yes you are right the mounts don't fit just a little to big. Be much appreciated if you would swap them for a pair that fitted. Another reason I bought the scope was I have seen how you treat your customers and to be honest I can't fault it. Initial impressions of scope are very good but I am yet to try it in anger.

Mtc

Gary or Sammy will soon have you sorted. Then you'll be out
    not in anger but enjoyment.

ATB
    Dave

Gary C Guest
    Hi mate

as per pm - send me the mounts and I'll get them machined. In the meantime I'll send you a set of BKLs you can loan plus a cheque for postage

kieran turner is offline I GOT SHOT......IN THE BUTTOCKS
    now thats proper customer care! Nice one Gary

Ruger_shooter is offline Meadowlark Lemon's Personal Tailor
    Hi mate

as per pm - send me the mounts and I'll get them machined. In the meantime I'll send you a set of BKLs you can loan plus a cheque for postage
    Now that is real customer care! Will be ordering one myself!

Hi mate

Ok thanks Gary, will send you the mounts tomorrow.

hutchys Guest
    Do the mounts supplied fit a hw100S? If anyone could let me know please before I commit.
    Thanks
    Jim

The mounts supplied with my 3-12x44 certainly didn't fit my MFR but I thought asking Gary to change them would be taking the piss somewhat.

Jonathan

My Merlin didn't come with mounts but I bought a good set of Sportsmatch high mounts for the 56mm objective on my scope. It's worth getting the best mounts you can afford as a set up is only as good as its weakest link. Not saying the Viper mounts are bad (i've never used them) but spending £40 on a good set isn't a bad thing, IMO. As for scopes, try before you buy too
    B.A.S.C | HW100Tuning KT250bar+reg+tune .177+4-16x50 | HW95.177 +4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune | TX200HC.22 + 4-16x44 | HW97KT.22 + 4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune