Thread: Anschutz 335

Anschutz 335

Many thanks to those who created a collector's forum.

I picked up a battered Anshcutz 335 at the weekend. No bluing and bleached stock but with an Anschutz diopter rearsight. It shoots very well. I know some users of airgunbbs use these rifles so can anyone advise me where spares can be obtained from? Are there any difficulties with stripping 335's? Does the ABT safety cause any stripping problems? Any advice would be gratefully received. Mine has the sliding latch which according to The Airgun Book makes it pre-1979. John Walter is critical of this latch but I have found it very easy to use and the gun locks up very snugly.

Hi.
    I have changed the spring in a 335 before, I used a crude home made spring
    compressor. once the stock is removed you can see the long flat safety plate
    running around the trigger block. I just break the barrel open and it moves it off the trigger, then remove the tiny sprung end plate, that leaves it open ended. That will allow the trigger to come straight out once you remove the
    pins(using a spring compressor)

As far as I can remember that is, have not done one for a while.

http://www.chambersgunmakers.co.uk/Anschutz.htm

Mike.
    Michael Bridgewood
    For Sale: Webley Service Series 3, Pre War BSA.
    Wanted: Webley Service MK11 Series 1 & 2

A couple of BBS members - jonnyone and I.J. - frequent this forum and should be able to answer most of your questions.

Keep watching - they'll be along sooner or later.

Many thanks for your replies.

Its also many moons since I last stripped a '335 but from what I can remember its prettry straight forward and no 'tricks' like the BSF scope rail screw .
    What I can remember is have a very close look at the welds which hold the stock screw plates to the action. These have a nasty habbit of breaking.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Many thanks for all the advice. These rifles always seemed to be overshadowed by rifles like the HW35 and the FWB Sports but having fired this rather battered example at my local indoor range I am very impressed with the accuracy and the trigger.