Thread: What Values

Exclamation What Values

Hi BSA collectors
    I have a BSA that I bought from Hugh Earl of Pax Airguns on the 12th of February 1980 it cost a whacking 140 pounds I have just checked it out properly after 27 years it is a .177, the blueing is around 70% , it is complete the stock looks walnut with dinks and a dent or two, N0. 20179 stamped on the side, 'P Patent 8246/06' . '67' is stamped under the barrel and on the under lever there is very faint Lincoln Jefferies, 44 inches in length, with a metal butt plate If I say so myself its a lovely rifle There is even a tiny number on the rearsite 'AP485143. I have never fired it but the spring is there it may be in two pieces I was a collector and not interested in shooting. rifles were bought many years ago purely for nostalgia and reasons I could write a book on . Of course now I want to sell but, only at a price that I feel I can accept, lets face it I will never get back the real price I paid for them. The price for this rifle would start at 280 pounds and for that price it has to be a bargain would expect you to pick it up or pay the postage theres a nice cabinet to acknowlege its maturity
    abewilson. http://www.picturetrail.com/abewilson
    'The earth is but one country and mankind its citizens'
    Last edited by abewilson; 02-03-2007 at 12:37 AM. Reason: photo link and number confirmation

Abewilson,

To help isentify the gun more fully can you tell me if the stock is a pistol Grip stock or a straight hand stock? and does the gun have any inscriptions on the cylinder of the gun (just ahead of the trigger block where the serial number is) and finally is the underleaver a cranked spade ended job ?

Also any chance of a picture or two?

Lakey

Exclamation What Values

Hi Lakey
    I will be posting some pics in the next couple of days. On the top of the rifle it has '' The B.S.A AIR RIFLE improved model D '' in brackets
    underneath that is ''The Birmingham Small Arms Company Limited '' and under that '' Sole Manufacturers '' by the loading tap it has ''LOAD'' with the 3 piled rifles. on the butt it has TRADE MARK quite clear but there may have been 3 piled rifles but they possibly have worn out the checkering on the pistol grip is good considering. The rifle is all original a shame about the blueing which in places shows silver metal never the less it is silky smooth all over. It is definitely a Spade underlever with criss cross markings on upper part of the spade. Thanks for the interest after all these years I am finding things about it I wish it could talk it, I bet it would tell us some stories
    abewilson. http://www.picturetrail.com/abewilson
    'The earth is but one country and mankind its citizens '
    Last edited by abewilson; 02-03-2007 at 12:22 AM. Reason: photo link

Exclamation What Values

Hi Pat
    Many thanks for your information. I was not able to see the stock length number it may have worn off . A quick reply to your view of my optimisim I am forever I hope an optimist. understanding values can be difficult to arrive at there are many ways of arriving at a price. Some one who has owned a well made piece of engineering can through ignorance or desperation sell at at a very cheap price then the person whose work and skill has gone into making it would not appreciate it being sold cheaply, a machine that churns things out cannot be compared to a hand made item, is my my view.

Recently some one wanted to buy my MK I webley air rifle, some who who had owned one, I think he he said around 20 odd years ago, he said he had swopped it for a racing cycle, about that time .... I had paid 475 pounds for my MK1 air rifle, he seemed surprised and did not make me an offer forgot to ask him how much the cycle was worth. I know that prices fluctuate and it seems were high years ago however things do change thats optmisim. http://www.picturetrail.com/abewilson
    Thanks again Pat
    abewilson
    'The earth is but one country and mankind its citizens'