Thread: Original Model 6G/M and Walther LP3

Original Model 6G/M and Walther LP3

Original 6

Some help needed really. What should I look for in buying one of these?. I see a lot for sale that mention the seals have been done. How do I tell if it needs new seals and how easy is it to do myself.

What price should I look to pay.

Walther LP3

How much standard or match and any problems to look for?

Diana/Original Model 6

I bought a Model 6M (target) and I could tell that it needed new seals by the amount of disintegrating seal that flew out of the barrel when I fired it! Should be doing about 475fps and if it isn't....probably needs new seals. I was advised not to tackle it myself and DM80 on this site did the job for me at £50. Very nice target pistol when working properly. Pellet on pellet when bench shot at 10m.

Mike95

I paid £70 plus post for a 6G in good nick recently if that helps. Checking it over the chrono is sound advice, mine is also about 470 fts and of course it should be pretty consistent. If you get those results then chances are its a good 'un.

Nice pistol.

IIRC " Jeans Military memoirs " in Blackburn has 2 LP3s in stock - one is boxed and mint with extras . Also , have LP53,s .

Not cheap though - 350 pounds or therabouts but the LP3 was never a cheap pistol to buy .

These guns were listed in the most recent Gun mart.

Regards Carl.
    " This , is MY safety "

Diana 6M

Pic of my Diana 6M...shroud over barrel protects front sight when cocking.

Mike95

Original 6 LP3

Thanks for the info. I didn't realise how much LP3's were. I think I'll get the Original first!

The Walther LP3 and LP2 go for much less on egun.de and are supposed to be lovely guns when working well. I know of someone in the UK who can reseal them too if you needed one done.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

I live just off the M27 outside Southampton.

Question walther lp3

I would like to know if it is possible to reseal my LP 3 . I gave the work to a gunsmith after buying the parts from Bisley . After a few weeks he gave up and gave me back the bits .I have also tried to get seals for a Walther target rifle from Brocock but even thoigh I had the part numbers they could not supply. I would be pleased if you were able to help and I hope that I have not imposed on your site.

Original 6M

My Original 6M was down on power so I replaced the piston seals and springs with the guidance of Q.Cobham's book on airgun repair (highly recommended). Trouble is it is still down on power! There must be more to these rather complex beasts than I thought...