Thread: Hello to you all!!

Hello to you all!!

Just want to introduce myself as a new member on the forum. I've been reading it for a while and know that there are some very knowledgeable guys on here. I've got three airguns at the minute...a Webley Junior .177....A Senior .22....and a 60's or 70's Airsporter. I wonder could anyone give me an idea of the value of the airpistols? I'll try post a photo........

The pellet tin is full of pellet and Still Sealed...is it worth any thing?

£30 sobs for a tin

Welcome to the Borg, Gino, the collective consciousness of the known universe.

Welcome to the BBS gino. For valuation advice see Pat's post above.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Talking

Thanks guys.....quite valuable then?....goooood!!
    Can I try your patience with another question? Can anyone tell me what model of Airsporter this is so I can order parts....need a foresight..a tap retaining screw....a spring.....a piston would be a good idea....Oh! and a book to show me how to fit them all!!!!

The serial number (under the barrell) reads GI 14283
    It has a recoil pad with those little holes to store pellets in. Any info at all would be great or links. Thanks again.....gino

Twixt Dartmoor and Exmoor, Devon (Tiverton way)
    GI indicates that this is a Mark IV, 1969-1971...
    Beware the fury of a patient man... John Dryden (1631 - 1700).

My foxing website: www.foxonic.com

Talking Fantastico!!!

Paddy! You have just made my day!! Now I have the info I need to move the project right along....can't thank you enough m8!!

Welcome

Hello Gino,

Welcome to the forum.
    The people on here are most helpful usually and there are some very knowledgeable ones.

Enjoy,
    Regards
    Dave (www.kwacs.org.uk) "Wildfowlers do it in the mud"

Quote Originally Posted by gino View Post
    Can anyone tell me what model of Airsporter this is so I can order parts....need a foresight..a tap retaining screw....a spring.....a piston would be a good idea....Oh! and a book to show me how to fit them all!!!!
    Gino,

As a fellow Mark Four owner I say welcome to the forum. I've sent you a Personal Message about Airsporter spares.
    B.S.A. Airsporter Mark 4 .22" , Webley Osprey .22", Feinwerkbau 300 S .177", Webley Senior .177"

Sign here: http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/TargetPistols/

Thankyou

Thank you Sarf....those links are great.......will let you know how I get on with the job...thanks again m8.

Stripping and re-assembly

I've had mine apart and together again a couple of times, if you need any help let me know. Lots of other more experienced people on this BBS too.

As you can see from my sig. I also have a Senior Pistol, identical with yours by the look of it (does yours have Birmingham B4 on the other side?). Mine's only worth half as much because I don't have the box and bits but will probably never sell it anyway.
    Last edited by sarf; 05-03-2007 at 11:42 AM. Reason: (added comment on pistols)
    B.S.A. Airsporter Mark 4 .22" , Webley Osprey .22", Feinwerkbau 300 S .177", Webley Senior .177"

Smile

Hello Sarf.....yeah mine says Birmingham 4 on the cylinder and Also Webley patents. At the muzzle end there is a batch number where the barrel hinges....007 !!! Same as you will probably never sell it as was ma grampa's. Mines .22. Haven't got a clue about how to strip the Airsporter.....gonna start the old research thing now I know the model number...those links were great......gino

Airsporter dismantling

Quote Originally Posted by gino View Post
    At the muzzle end there is a batch number where the barrel hinges....007 !!!
    mine is 061 . . or possibly 190, depending which way up I look at it. Either way, looks like M has revoked my licence to kill, the mice will be relieved!

Haven't got a clue about how to strip the Airsporter.....
    Easy-ish, but careful with the rear sight, it's made of fragile plastic and is expensive to replace. My method (others may know better):

1) remove stock, one big and two little screws
    2) knock out small roll pin connecting cocking link to cocking slide with a hammer and drift
    3) clamp barrel firmly but carefully in padded vice
    4) unscrew rear block from cylinder, it'll jump a bit when the spring pops out, so keep some pressure on and wear some heavy gloves. You can use the cocking lever to unscrew it if it's not seized tight.

http://www.bloom.co.uk/images/bsa_airsporter_strip.jpg

Alternatively, send the whole thing to Knibbs and he'll get it working good as new for a fistful of £££££

Question Thought so!!

Thanks m8....that's roughly what I thought.....How expensive is a complete overhaul by Knibbs....anyone got a rough idea?

. .

Tel: 01675 481006