Thread: This doesn't happen every day !: Webley Sevice

This doesn't happen every day !: Webley Sevice

Evening All
    Saturday afternoon, couple of hours to spare so I take a drive to a gunshop to have a look at a stalking rifle I'm interested in. Anyway I got chatting to the owner, as you do, and happened to mention that I'd just started collecting old airguns. He said he had something that might be of 'interest' to me and disappeared around the back.
    He came back holding a cardboard box with Webley on it and placed it on the counter.
    Inside the box complete with its original instructions was a Webley Service air rifle. IN .25 CALIBRE !!! I bit his hand off !!!
    A most enjoyable Saturday afternoon.
    Cheers

Twixt Dartmoor and Exmoor, Devon (Tiverton way)
    Quote Originally Posted by loach369 View Post
    Evening All
    Saturday afternoon, couple of hours to spare so I take a drive to a gunshop to have a look at a stalking rifle I'm interested in. Anyway I got chatting to the owner, as you do, and happened to mention that I'd just started collecting old airguns. He said he had something that might be of 'interest' to me and disappeared around the back.
    He came back holding a cardboard box with Webley on it and placed it on the counter.
    Inside the box complete with its original instructions was a Webley Service air rifle. IN .25 CALIBRE !!! I bit his hand off !!!
    A most enjoyable Saturday afternoon.
    Cheers
    Lucky man! I've been looking for a .25 Service without luck for some time...
    Beware the fury of a patient man... John Dryden (1631 - 1700).

My foxing website: www.foxonic.com

Very nice find, Loach369.
    A friend of mine had a similar find in a Scottish gun shop a few years ago, but the best thing about it was that there was a .177 barrel in the box with the original .25, and the box was packed full with period pellets, including three boxes of Webley .25, one of which was part used, two sealed tins of Webley .177, 10 boxes of Caledonian .177 x 100, plus a couple of part used tins of Webley .177.
    He sold me all the pellets on his return, but it took me several years to get the rest.