Thread: Webley Osprey Supertarget

Webley Osprey Supertarget

I've had one of these for a while and I think it's a very underated rifle. Mine has the target sights but the normal sporter stock. My question is, does the later Tracker stock fit? and was there ever a delux stock for the Osprey. I'd also be interested in any feedback on your examples, you know the usual kind of stuff power/accuracy etc.

I think the standard Osprey barrel dia. is 19.3mm whereas the Tracker is 16mm. This might be one slight problem that could be overcome.

Don't know about any differences regarding the inletting of the stock though.

A very elegant rifle - from a time when things were much more civilized
    The 0.22 Treefeller X X2R HW77k
    Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    I've had one of these for a while and I think it's a very underated rifle. Mine has the target sights but the normal sporter stock. My question is, does the later Tracker stock fit?
    It will fit.... you may need to do five minutes work with a file to accomodate the heavier barrel.

I have Ospreys in both .177 and .22 calibre..... the pair of them shoot nicely at nine or nine and a half ft/lbs and are surprisingly accurate for a mass produced air rifle. They are specially good for knocking squirrels out of trees
    Last edited by Carter; 04-03-2007 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat.. View Post
    That long heavy barrel make them good for flinging into chestnut trees to bring the conkers down as well.
    I had to laugh! I knew older guns were better . . for some purposes anyway
    B.S.A. Airsporter Mark 4 .22" , Webley Osprey .22", Feinwerkbau 300 S .177", Webley Senior .177"

Sign here: http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/TargetPistols/

Quote Originally Posted by Pat.. View Post
    That long heavy barrel make them good for flinging into chestnut trees to bring the conkers down as well.
    That`s what Relum Tornados are for